FX 5500 on Vista x64 Flickers Constantly

Hey guys, I have a nVidia FX 5500 and I am running Windows Vista x64 with the latest drivers from nVidia, which are:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x64_96.85.html said:
img10274.gif
Windows Vista 64-bit RTM
ForceWare Release 95
Version: 96.85
Release Date: October 17, 2006
WHQL Driver
The problem is whenever I try to any kind of gaming in Vista I get a flickering constantly. I don't want to dual boot XP to play games. Does anyone know of some drivers for the FX series for Vista x64 that will not flicker, or any tips/tricks? Thanks guys!

Don't know if this will help, but....

I had a similar problem when I first hooked up my CRT to my new PC (see sig). I lowered the refresh rate to 60 hertz and it went away. Not sure if the flickering had to do with Vista itself, or my new GPU. Hope this help - good luck solving your problem.

My monitor was already at the default of 60hz and on 75hz makes no difference either. Like for example on Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix when it shows a video sequence everything is fine, however when it gets to something being rendered it flickers. It flickers really bad too, makes it unbearable, it only does this when playing games, I have no problem with Vista Aero at all.

Back