fx-55 SLI > alienware sli for gaming + video editing?

gpitpitan

Limp Gawd
Guy came in today looking for a 24 inch monitor or bigger, even asked if we had 30...but anyway

he then told me he just ordered that 6000 bones alienware system...i couldnt believe it. So i told em alienwares are just overpriced DIY machines. And told him with the new nforce4 SLIs, i could build him a fx55 setup for half or a little more then half his 6000. So he took my info and thats that.

Was i wrong or right that the fx55 setup will outperform the dualie xeons in gaming and video editing?

you were right, but there has been rumors of problems with nforce 4 boards not being able to reach 1000mhz HTT. idk what htt the alienwares run at, but im assuming its 1000

m0s3s said:
you were right, but there has been rumors of problems with nforce 4 boards not being able to reach 1000mhz HTT. idk what htt the alienwares run at, but im assuming its 1000
You would assume wrong. The X2 motherboard that Alienware is currently using was designed months ago for its own dual card solution, but since SLI is that much better, they need to get rid of the motherboards before offering nforce4 options.
The X2 motherboard supports Xeons with 800 and 533.

Back