FX-5200 128MB extra power connector?

aconway

Limp Gawd
I just installed the newest 76.something drivers and now I have a nvidia box that comes up and says something about the aux power connector needs to be connected. The card is not recieving enough power?
This is the 1st time I've used the card and bought it used. Can someone tell me what I need to do or steer me in another direction. This card has a large molex connector on it so I went ahead and plugged in one of the PS connectors but that didn't help. It still gives me this error box. My PS is a Thermaltake Pure Power 420watt...
Help...anyone? Thanks..:)

I never would have thought that a FX5200 would even have a molex connector (I mean, the thing doesn't even use active cooling; how much power could it possibly use?). Are you sure that you have a 5200? I'm quite confident that fx5200s never needed external power.

Yea, its an Albatron Geforce FX5200 Ultra.....I'm gonna try some different drivers and see what happens.. :confused:

Dumb question, but is that connector you inserted the correct one? Did it fit smoothly?

Check to see if the card is firmly in the slot.

If there is a fan on the card, check to see if it is plugged in

Back