Fury X can barely keep up with a GTX750 in linux

Keeping digging. Maybe you can find a bigger sample size than two games.

I've been reading that site every day and reading every one of those benchmark articles for the past five years. But you seem very sure of yourself.

FWIW Shadow of Mordor doesn't even run on AMD, so I guess nvidia gets the win there too.

Keeping digging. Maybe you can find a bigger sample size than two games.

I've been reading that site every day and reading every one of those benchmark articles for the past five years. But you seem very sure of yourself.

FWIW Shadow of Mordor doesn't even run on AMD, so I guess nvidia gets the win there too.

And yet you can't provide any proof to back your claims. How is this a win for either company when all games run poorly?

And yet you can't provide any proof to back your claims. How is this a win for either company when all games run poorly?

I could provide proof, but I'm too lazy. I'd rather keep on responding to your posts telling you to go do it. Go search Phoronix for the Ubuntu vs. Windows tests. He posts like a million benchmarks a year about this.

I think he just posted another one a couple of weeks ago.

truth hurts, doesn't it? :p

What truth? That an alpha game running on DX12 managed to run better on AMD hardware than on nVidia's hardware?

Hurts? Seriously? Check my sig for my 'don't give a fuck' status in regard to which team wins?

Let me know when DirectX 12 is available for Linux and I'll care whether or not FuryX works better or worse on it as per the thread. :rolleyes:

I could provide proof, but I'm too lazy. I'd rather keep on responding to your posts telling you to go do it. Go search Phoronix for the Ubuntu vs. Windows tests. He posts like a million benchmarks a year about this.

I think he just posted another one a couple of weeks ago.

Sorry that's not how proof works, you made a claim, back it up or shut up those are your choices :)

I'm hoping now that they've changed their model and stack for Linux things will improve. I'm looking forward to AMDGPU's evolution in the next 6 months or so.

This may of changed with the last 1-2 driver update for fglrx but I got better performance out of my old GTX 680 in Ubuntu/Steam than I did my 290X(s).

The introduction of a kernel driver by AMD though certainly bodes well for their future as far as Linux support/performance goes. Intel has a similar model and they currently, imo, have the best GPU drivers for Linux between themselves, AMD and nVidia.

ok who tf actually games on linux.... like 0.03% of the entire gaming base?

Moot point, this article is, young padawan!

Are we honestly going to argue about performance in an OS that probably less than 1% of gamers use, if that much?

I couldn't agree with you more. AMD is the WORST tech company of all time. If EA and Comcast got together and had a baby, it would be so much better than AMD. Lisa Hsu is the biggest fail CEO of all timezzz!

There you go, I hope my words bring warmth and comfort to you and all those you hate.
I'm not going to spend $400 for a GPU and then write my own drivers.

What Intel and AMD have done with open-source drivers is certainly commendable, but it doesn't absolve them of their responsibility to provide the best possible end-user experience for their customers. Shirking their responsibility to a third party is not acceptable.

If AMD's position is that their product sucks on Linux because it's "our fault" (the customers' fault), then they don't deserve a dime.

However I suspect this is not simply a Linux driver problem, but rather a cross-platform OpenGL problem for them.

I'm not going to spend $400 for a GPU and then write my own drivers.

What Intel and AMD have done with open-source drivers is certainly commendable, but it doesn't absolve them of their responsibility to provide the best possible end-user experience for their customers. Shirking their responsibility to a third party is not acceptable.

If AMD's position is that their product sucks on Linux because it's "our fault" (the customers' fault), then they don't deserve a dime.

However I suspect this is not simply a Linux driver problem, but rather a cross-platform OpenGL problem for them.
I'm pretty certain the issue is more "we don't have enough funding to pay developers to work on an OS that a tiny minority of our customers use".

I'm pretty certain the issue is more "we don't have enough funding to pay developers to work on an OS that a tiny minority of our customers use".

I was criticizing the idea that it was the community's fault for not writing our own drivers.

I was criticizing the idea that it was the community's fault for not writing our own drivers.
I certainly agree with you there. The comment you were replying to was ridiculous. When you go to the dealership and buy a car they don't have you assemble the engine when you get home.

Back