Fury won't beat 980Ti, much less Titan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with Prime1 a lot. For some reason that makes me feel like a bad person.

AMD probably will not have any advantage with DX12, the lead time with DX12 development, to expect that is a bit short sighted because we have seen both companies release DX cards and drivers around the same time. If this was 2 years ago, I would think AMD would have had an advantage because of their work on Xbone, but there has been enough time for nV to get the same experience now.

I agree with Prime1 a lot. For some reason that makes me feel like a bad person.

Some people on here don't like what I say. When they are unable to argue against what I post they just attack me. It's kinda sad really. I'm not sure what would drive a fan base to be filled with such hatred towards others (they attack anyone who is not on their side really).

Either way this has gone way off topic again. I suppose we will find out more next week. Hopefully it's not another paper launch.

Some people on here don't like what I say. When they are unable to argue against what I post they just attack me. It's kinda sad really. I'm not sure what would drive a fan base to be filled with such hatred towards others (they attack anyone who is not on their side really).

Either way this has gone way off topic again. I suppose we will find out more next week. Hopefully it's not another paper launch.

I think to me your posts are more end user based which is how I think about hardware, albeit perhaps a little biased towards nVidia. I buy something, I want it to just work. Right now nVidia fullfills that for me. SLI has been a dream where I had issues with crossfire. I don't necessarily care why.

AMD makes billions of dollars a year. They need to get their panties out of a twist and get their shit to work right on the few AAA games that are released each year and I'll consider them. Sometimes I wonder how some random fan can get a crossfire profile to work the day after launch but it takes AMD months to get that into their driver. They should hire that guy for a half million/year, it'd be worth their investment. That's my opinion anyways.

I'll be honest, practically anytime I post in a AMD based thread I'm half in the bag. When I'm sober I hang out in the game forum / Titan X thread more often than not...

Last edited:

What I find absurd about the way you "talk and argument" is that when someone corner you in a small little corner, you just decide to leave its reply alone and not say anything about it.... Just like the link you provided from tomshardware.... TS pointed out the things that didn't make sens about it and you just say nothing else about it. What's the point to talk if you can't admit that sometimes your wrong.... anyway

That's why I just fly past your post and don't really care about your opinion - rather than "hating" I prefer to ignore. ;)

NVIDIA was able to beat Mantle without paying game developers to use a separate API.

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/nvidia-driver-update-direct3d-optimization,26381.html

This is probably why AMD killed it.
Ha. How are those numbers looking now? And by now, I just mean any time in 2015.
Well now it goes 290X < 970 < 780ti < 980 < 980ti < Titan X :cool:

I find it rather amusing that Maxwell gets included when the original question was strictly about how 780 Ti DX11 vs 290X Mantle numbers compare in Star Swarm and Thief now, and absolutely nothing to do with Maxwell at all.

I think to me your posts are more end user based which is how I think about hardware, albeit perhaps a little biased towards nVidia. I buy something, I want it to just work. Right now nVidia fullfills that for me. SLI has been a dream where I had issues with crossfire. I don't necessarily care why.

AMD makes billions of dollars a year. They need to get their panties out of a twist and get their shit to work right on the few AAA games that are released each year and I'll consider them. Sometimes I wonder how some random fan can get a crossfire profile to work the day after launch but it takes AMD months to get that into their driver. They should hire that guy for a half million/year, it'd be worth their investment. That's my opinion anyways.

I'll be honest, practically anytime I post in a AMD based thread I'm half in the bag. When I'm sober I hang out in the game forum / Titan X thread more often than not...

or ya know, he just talks out his ass most of the time.

Too bad Freesync is such garbage. I might actually want to go back to AMD for cheap performance but G-sync and timely driver releases have me spoiled. :D

Is free-sync really that bad? I've been looking at the Acer XG270HU and it seems like incredible value. I'm going to have to upgrade my 280X, however.

I have no interest in Crossfire if that matters.

Is free-sync really that bad? I've been looking at the Acer XG270HU and it seems like incredible value. I'm going to have to upgrade my 280X, however.

I have no interest in Crossfire if that matters.

Well most of the review websites seem to love FreeSync. Some Nvidia fans hate it because.. well they hate everything. If you grab a FreeSync monitor make sure that it has a wide FreeSync range. My only issue is that I spent $500 on a monitor a couple years ago and I typically upgrade those every 5 years. Nixeus is supposed to be coming out with a 30 - 144Hz FreeSync range with it's new scalar technology.

Here is a review on the monitor you asked about. Read it and make your own decision.

Limited range is only an issue on IPS (slow pixel response time on IPS throws a monkey wrench in the works).

TN get the whole enchalda (30/40-120/144)

Last edited:
Limited range is only an issue on IPS (slow pixel response time on IPS throws a monkey wrench in the works).

TN get the wole enchalda (30/40-120/144)

Except the whole low frequency limit has nothing to do with pixel responce time but is a result of crystals returning back to their orginal shape when you don't apply voltage to it for too long.

VRR lower limit has the same barrier for both types. 35hz for now. That's a tft cell voltage strobe issue.

Upper limit is where the real issue is.

In order to achieve 120hz on IPS, they have to overdrive the snot out of it.

It doesn't play nice with freesync for now.

Once the OEMS make better scalers, it will increase.

The Asus monitor for example, had a choice of 35 to 90, or 60 to120. They choose the first, feeling the lower limit more important.

I agree, you can limit a higher refresh, not so much a lower one.

If you are ultra-competitive fps player, you arent using a 120hz IPS anyway. Probably a 144 or 240hz tn.

Last edited:
If you are ultra-competitive fps player, you arent using a 120hz IPS anyway. Probably a 144 or 240hz tn.

I laughed at the thought of people spending $2k on SLI TitanX and then driving a TN panel with it. o_O it's like putting a Ferrari engine in a Pinto.

There are very nice VA TN panels out there with 1ms response times.

You missed my point however, competative shooter/moba/twitch players want as many FPS as they can get, they care less about visual quality

You missed my point however, competative shooter/moba/twitch players want as many FPS as they can get, they care less about visual quality

Oh, I recognized your intent. I was just sharing the funny mental image I got from it.

There are very nice VA TN panels out there with 1ms response times.

I hope you meant TN and VA panels as VA is more in common with IPS than it does with TN.

VRR lower limit has the same barrier for both types. 35hz for now. That's a tft cell voltage strobe issue.

Upper limit is where the real issue is.

In order to achieve 120hz on IPS, they have to overdrive the snot out of it.

It doesn't play nice with freesync for now.

Once the OEMS make better scalers, it will increase.

The Asus monitor for example, had a choice of 35 to 90, or 60 to120. They choose the first, feeling the lower limit more important.

I agree, you can limit a higher refresh, not so much a lower one.

Thanks for the information. I kinda felt bad for asking when I could do research myself, but I have a feeling I'd be doing a ton of reading just to get to this.

Not just once, that's what amazed me. They voted him in twice!

What is the highlights of his presidency

patriot act
war on terrorism let's be honest after 911 this was gonna happen with anyone else.
that's about it...

Obama
over haul of health care
bailouts
Stimulus package
hemorrhage of money to the sky rocketing national debt...
govt shutdown

guess which turd I think will be next this year... here is a hint this country will not go for another round of the D... likely it will be R maybe I.

it's even more amazing that they voted for Obama twice....

At least when it comes to those that keep voting for the Repucrats, they did not really have much choice that time. Mitt had moved so far right to get the nomination, he successfully made four more years of Obama look peaceful in comparison. The only reason the GOP is actually going to have a chance this next time is due to the incoming DNC nominee even worse than Obama... But it's still going to be a toss-up, as the GOP will make sure to nominate someone just as bad or worse, as they always do.

Gov shutdown lol really?
What a revisionist you are to blame that on Obama when it was in no way his actions that lead to that.
Health care is better now than before.
Bailouts? Bush did that too....
Yeah national Debt was not an issue with Bush at all, Sure...

this-thread-makes-no-sense.jpg

Gov shutdown lol really?
What a revisionist you are to blame that on Obama when it was in no way his actions that lead to that.
Health care is better now than before.

No its not. Talk to retirees like my parents who didn't get to keep their doctors and current plans. Talk to people who lost their jobs over the last few years then got "penalized" for not keeping insurance. Because some "musician or starving artist" can finally get insurance for cheap doesn't mean it didn't effect someone else. Oh and what do you think pays for the all the illegals that came over through Mexico that HE wanted to just given citizenship and Social Security Welfare too?
How bout Obama using our money to dump into what now is a failure known as Solara Solar power. And why is he trying to dump 34 articles of the constituion in this new TPP deal he is trying to pass. Oh thats right. It gives him absolute reign over the people. Obama, puts a bandaid on the Hoover Dam that is our economy and everyone bows right before it breaks.

Educate yourself. http://www.washingtontimes.com/news...ht-obamacares-five-years-of-failure/?page=all

TPP: http://www.globalresearch.ca/rigged...ing-the-trans-pacific-partnership-tpp/5450130

Oh and instead of fighting in Iraq/Afghanistan, we will have a nice 9/11 event for this "hipster" I don't care generation.

Educate yourself and please don't vote.

No its not. Talk to retirees like my parents who didn't get to keep their doctors and current plans. Talk to people who lost their jobs over the last few years then got "penalized" for not keeping insurance. Because some "musician or starving artist" can finally get insurance for cheap doesn't mean it didn't effect someone else. Oh and what do you think pays for the all the illegals that came over through Mexico that HE wanted to just given citizenship and Social Security Welfare too?
How bout Obama using our money to dump into what now is a failure known as Solara Solar power. And why is he trying to dump 34 articles of the constituion in this new TPP deal he is trying to pass. Oh thats right. It gives him absolute reign over the people. Obama, puts a bandaid on the Hoover Dam that is our economy and everyone bows right before it breaks.

Educate yourself. http://www.washingtontimes.com/news...ht-obamacares-five-years-of-failure/?page=all

TPP: http://www.globalresearch.ca/rigged...ing-the-trans-pacific-partnership-tpp/5450130

Oh and instead of fighting in Iraq/Afghanistan, we will have a nice 9/11 event for this "hipster" I don't care generation.

Educate yourself and please don't vote.

Using Wash Times as a source and telling others to get educated... wow. That's magical reality right there.

I also love the "absolute reign" that would last for another year. Some people really let fear dictate their behavior openly. Most of us try harder to hide that...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back