Furminator pet brush $13 for large, $12 for medium at amazon

furminator

I bought one to try it out... i think my friend has one and it gets a shitload of hair.

It works real well but please be careful with the amount of pressure you apply when brushing your pet's coat. Too much pressure and you will easily scratch and hurt your pet.

Product is awesome! have used this for a few years, i practically get a new rug everytime i use this on my red chow. and this is very cheap, get the large no matter what!

Product is awesome! have used this for a few years, i practically get a new rug everytime i use this on my red chow. and this is very cheap, get the large no matter what!

i feel like if i got the large i would just be taking off parts of my cat i dont mean to...

i feel like if i got the large i would just be taking off parts of my cat i dont mean to...

honestly the reason i say this is because it doesn't matter, the price difference is nill, and no matter the size, your pet is not flat. Your pet is curved, round whatever so you'll always have the same surface area touching your pet if you buy a large or medium anyway. (i.e. flat come touching round head, pretty much only the middle has contact and the sides do nothing).

Are there knock-off FURminators? Seems like a lot of sellers on eBay sell them very cheaply and they are from HK/China.

Are there knock-off FURminators? Seems like a lot of sellers on eBay sell them very cheaply and they are from HK/China.

furminator is nothing more than a very well built metal angled comb. Your also gonna brush this against your cherished pet's skin every week or so (don't do it more than that, it can really hurt them). So...

furminator is nothing more than a very well built metal angled comb. Your also gonna brush this against your cherished pet's skin every week or so (don't do it more than that, it can really hurt them). So...

That doesn't answer my question, but I suppose my post could have been interpreted that I was interested in purchasing a knockoff. What I was trying to ask was:

Do knockoffs of the FURminator exist? If they do, how do I know if I am purchasing a genuine product?

That doesn't answer my question, but I suppose my post could have been interpreted that I was interested in purchasing a knockoff. What I was trying to ask was:

Do knockoffs of the FURminator exist? If they do, how do I know if I am purchasing a genuine product?

I have a FURminator and a "normal" comb with what seems like a similar comb design, but it does not catch nearly as much hair as the FURminator. Not sure what it is, but the FURminator works about a hundred times better.

FWIW, we use the medium size for our cats who are both around 10 lbs. A large might be overdoing it.

We have a large one for our black lab. Works really well. I've used it on our cat and the cat at my parents' house. I wouldn't mind having a smaller one for cats though.

The prices went up?

These are fantastic brushes. I have a toy chihuahua and she sheds worse than my Cocker Spaniels ever did. This works great to get the hair off.

Got one of these (not Furminator brand) and it does, indeed work very well.

First time we used it on our 3-year-old cat was disgusting. So much loose, shedding hair came out. Ugh.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
will this work on my chinchilla? lol
34933_407047914141_533879141_4576135_358512_n.jpg

j/k :)

This is a great price. I use mine on my corgi about every 2 weeks. Makes vacuuming much much easier! And yea to me this is extremely cheap. Bought the small one for about $25.

OMG, they make a double one! this is like the recent... 5 blades on a razor!
no but seriously, i'm thinking about that double one, i have chow/sheppard mix!
That is a very cute Chinchilla! Makes a face practically as disapproving as my rabbits! For my dog (a German Shepherd mix from the humane society), I found the basic furminator to work alright, but what works even better was the double edged version.
http://www.amazon.com/FURminator-de...4?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1279068344&sr=8-4
Still a great price for either one.

Gonna guess that since they are fulfilled by amazon and have a ton of reviews that they are legit product.

yes but my point is they are FULFILLED by amazon...I am assuming amazon does some sort of screening but maybe not

Yeah, I think Amazon offers their services if the seller turns out to be bad.

the amazon marketplace (which is what this 3rd party thing is called/ sell thru amazon) is much like ebay, anyone can get on, if there is a problem however, amazon will correct it, as almost nobody is able to distinguish between the 3rd party seller and amazon, so amazon makes things right.

Price went up to $21.29 =(

Shows 14.99 for me
Hell your going to gripe about a couple bucks. You can always go to Pets Mart and get it at $59.99 for the large. :rolleyes: This sucks I picked up the cheaper brand which blade looked the exact same as the Furminator the other day for $30. :-(

Last edited:
Back