Funny Picture Of The Day

I don't see a problem here. It's not like I haven't looked up stock info or news while at work. In fact. . . I'm at work right now!

I dont see the harm. likely he is on break, why can't he unwind? Cops moreso than others need downtime.... People... get over yourselves

I love how everyone bashes the guy for playing solitare in the car. Maybe he's on break?

I'd love to know how many people are posting from work now and bad mouth this guy for playing solitare.

Sometimes officers are assigned to construction work zones to just sit there to slow down traffic. It's the only do to drivers not obeying speed limit signs in work zones.

Here it looks bad weather conditions mixed with a work zone. In in the end someone bound to wreck. He's properly board to death if your playing solitaire.

Jesus man PSP/DS is a much better solution, Hell snag up a IcopPhone and play some games on that.

That being said Traffic duty would be omega boring I'd be playing solitaire as well, Knowing that I'm waiting to bust regular people opposed to actual criminals would be depressing.

Link doesn't go directly to the image, but the main HardOCP page, in case anyone was wondering (it'll probably get "fix-ed").

Even cops get bored, eh... no surprise there, right? Especially in that kind of weather... at least he's not looking at 4Chan or something... :D

around the corner from my house there is a cop that sits in a parking lot every night... every time i drive past I either see hearts or freecell being played through the rear window.

no harm no foul, its not like someone is being mugged in the street and he is trying to beat his old time record.

Seen the same thing 4 or 5 years ago outside a movie theater in South Bend, IN. We had snapshots, but I think they were posted on our EQ guild forum.

Eh, no big deal. Everyone on Earth has had to burn a little time at work. I would imagine traffic duty is shockingly dull most of the time.

Sometimes officers are assigned to construction work zones to just sit there to slow down traffic. It's the only do to drivers not obeying speed limit signs in work zones.

Here it looks bad weather conditions mixed with a work zone. In in the end someone bound to wreck. He's properly board to death if your playing solitaire.

Totally agree with this, many times officers are either assigned or take up part time jobs just to sit in a designated construction zone and slow down traffic. I've even seen an officer paid to sit in front of a "Road Closed" entrance just to make sure people weren't going down that way since there had been some problems.

Give the guy a break, these are really bad conditions and they probably put him there due to problems they may have had in the past either with wrecks or speeders.

Totally agree with this, many times officers are either assigned or take up part time jobs just to sit in a designated construction zone and slow down traffic. I've even seen an officer paid to sit in front of a "Road Closed" entrance just to make sure people weren't going down that way since there had been some problems.

Give the guy a break, these are really bad conditions and they probably put him there due to problems they may have had in the past either with wrecks or speeders.

that's cool I can dig it. but maybe shouldn't he be actually looking out for speeders?

:mad: Why in the **** is solitaire available to play on Police car equipment? Go bust hard drug dealers and murderers, gangbangers ect… Why is the crime rate up? ****ing solitaire, that’s why :eek: :D

Looks almost like that could be a Michigan plate..

Depending on the jurisdiction, you'd be surprised at how bored some officers get, depending on what they're doing. The problem is, they need to kill time, but can't leave their post.

I figure if he's playing solitaire, he's either bored to tears or addicted.

I love how everyone bashes the guy for playing solitare in the car. Maybe he's on break?

I'd love to know how many people are posting from work now and bad mouth this guy for playing solitare.

The difference is most of us work in a place that is not exposed to the public. Another difference is somebody could get knifed to death right in front of his car, but he didn't see it because of solitaire. :eek: Even if the cop is stuck watching a construction zone (which no doubt isn't the most fun) - they are paid to be alert and active (and to protect), not playing games. If they are on break then they should go somewhere not to draw attention. :p

around the corner from my house there is a cop that sits in a parking lot every night... every time i drive past I either see hearts or freecell being played through the rear window.

pic or it didn't happen

:mad: Why in the **** is solitaire available to play on Police car equipment? Go bust hard drug dealers and murderers, gangbangers ect… Why is the crime rate up? ****ing solitaire, that’s why :eek: :D

its available on all government emergency laptops.. solitaire consumes about 11 hours of the 24 hour shifts my father works as a paramedic.. ya gotta have something to do when they stick you in stupid boring spots..

A friend of mine has a problem taking a lunch break because every time he goes to have a sit down meal he gets a complaint call because someone wants to know why he is sitting eating while working, now he goes through drivethrus and only eats junk food. I told him about a dozen plus times that no one at the dept cares and that he is eating to much junk and stressing for no good reason. I never cared when I was out.

I dont see the harm. likely he is on break, why can't he unwind? Cops moreso than others need downtime.... People... get over yourselves

Cops are always on break when they aren't answering a call. He should be looking out for crime. You know, the whole fucking reason we pay cops to patrol?

See my post above. Also, he is payed by public money to provide a public service he isn't producing.

That all said, I would be playing solitaire too if I were him, but I'm not the one who is a cop and in my patrol car on duty.

He should be looking out for crime. You know, the whole fucking reason we pay cops to patrol?

Sometimes police officers get paid to sit in a particular area, not patrol. We don't know enough from the picture to infer if he's slacking off on his patrol shift, on break, or if he's supposed to sit there to provide emergency lights so cars will slow down in the area.

Regardless, it's not fucking cops and robbers, I'd like to see you sitting in a car looking like this for 8 hours a day:
suspicious2.jpg

Anytime your eyebrow drops people will yell at you, "Hey! Why aren't you looking out for crime! What the fuck do we pay you for?"

A friend of mine has a problem taking a lunch break because every time he goes to have a sit down meal he gets a complaint call because someone wants to know why he is sitting eating while working, now he goes through drivethrus and only eats junk food. I told him about a dozen plus times that no one at the dept cares and that he is eating to much junk and stressing for no good reason. I never cared when I was out.

That's just sad. Whats wrong with the public, can't see a cop eating his lunch:confused:

Anyway I'd be more than glad to have a petrol car parked at the street where I live with the cop playing solitaire than no cop at all. At least they could quickly respond to any incident in the neighborhood, not to mention that their presence here would be a good deterrent

We need those agents from The Matrix, they can stop any crime! Unless a Neo comes along...

I can feel the flames as I type this and prolly shouldn't bother but can't avoid it.
I can't believe with all the talented members of this forum that noone has suggested that maybe the photo has been "shopped".

Back