Funny [H] network pic; is this config even possible?

RavinDJ

Supreme [H]ardness
So I had some free time during my lunch break today... mind you, I'm not an expert in PhotoChop by any means:

baystack-switch-web.jpg

Whatcha guys think? Is something like this even possible? I know that there's an extra row of LED's, but w/o that... are the brackets even possible to create using a certain network structure?

Kudos to scoob8000 for providing the REAL pic of his REAL network :p

i dont think so, becaue the top line is 100 connection speed the next down it 10, i have not seen/read about a router/hub/switch that will show both the 100 and 10 as active for any reason.

but you could just re-wire the leds to do that at the flick of a switch but you would need an extra row at the bottom otherwise the [H] would not look right (squished down)

IMHO Photoshopped:
Reasons:
1. LED colors are differnt, Main differince is the top half of the [ H ] and the bottom
2. the bottom far left LED is copied atleast 4 or 5 times
3. Brighter LED is also copied
4. Black Line above the 1 in 100
5. LEDs for Links 13-24 do not have the last line of LEDs
6. Werid discolorations in the plastic face on left hand side of the 1-12 link lights (in squares also)

Yes, im very bored right now!

Well, I guess you didn't read my responce. The pic was photoshoped, you can tell from the gray patchs were the labes used to be on the right, as the color doesn't match. Plus he quoted the original in his post. But, if you instead just had single LED's for each port, and had maybe a 48 port switch with the LED's in the right configuration, I Could see it.

RavinDJ said:
So I had some free time during my lunch break today... mind you, I'm not an expert in PhotoChop by any means:

Whatcha guys think? Is something like this even possible? I know that there's an extra row of LED's, but w/o that... are the brackets even possible to create using a certain network structure?

Kudos to scoob8000 for providing the REAL pic of his REAL network :p

First sentence... "...mind you, I'm not an expert in PhotoChop..." meant that I did do this in PhotoChop :p

Back