Funky USB Hub on Dell 2007WFP

JethroXP

[H]ard|Gawd
I just bought a pair of Dell 2007WFP screens (revison A02) to replace my old 17'' and 19'' CRTs. Both flat panels are beautiful, with not a single dead pixel between them.

However one of the monitors has a funky problem with it's built in USB hub. It is detected (by both of my PCs) as an "Unknown Device". It shows up with the rest of the USB devices in the Device Manager, and the properties say that it's working fine, but it doesn't work, anything I plug into it fails to be recognized. I found a workaround, which involves booting up my PC, pulling the power cord of the affected monitor, toggling the monitor's power button to discharge the capacitors, then plugging it back in. After doing all of that, the Hub is recognized and works perfectly. However once I reboot my PC, I need to go through all of that again to get it to work.

The other 2007WFP I have does *not* have this problem.

Curious if anyone else has seen this, and perhaps knows of a more permenant fix.

sorry, i don't have a solution, but mind if i ask what panel u have? PVA or S-IPS? thanks.

H2VO said:
sorry, i don't have a solution, but mind if i ask what panel u have? PVA or S-IPS? thanks.
rofl thread hijack.

I haven't used the hub on mine yet, but I can try it out tonight and see how it goes. Have you tried Dell Display forums as well?

I believe all of the 2007WFP panels are S-IPS.

And yeah, I did try the Dell forums, that's where I found the work around (in a post about the 3007WFP so this doesn't appear to be just a 2007WFP problem). I found several posts similar to mine, but no answers other than that one thread on the 3007WFP.

This isn't a deal breaker for me, I won't RMA over this since I didn't buy these for the USB hubs, but now that I have them it would be nice if they both worked.

JethroXP said:
I believe all of the 2007WFP panels are S-IPS.

And yeah, I did try the Dell forums, that's where I found the work around (in a post about the 3007WFP so this doesn't appear to be just a 2007WFP problem). I found several posts similar to mine, but no answers other than that one thread on the 3007WFP.

This isn't a deal breaker for me, I won't RMA over this since I didn't buy these for the USB hubs, but now that I have them it would be nice if they both worked.

one would think so, but take a look here:

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1104414
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1102160

This is the relevant data I grabbed from those threads:

-----------------
The panel information is in the service menu. To access it:

1. Turn off the monitor, hold 'menu' and '+' buttons at the same time while turning it on.
2. After the power is on, let go of the 2 buttons and then press the '-' button.

LPL WSXGA LM201W01 is the LG.Philips S-IPS panel.
SAM WSXGA LTM201M1 is the Samsung S-PVA panel.
-----------------

I'll try this when I get home tonight and post my results.

So, just out of curiosity, what's the major difference between these two types?

Confirmed both are S-IPS. They both displayed this:

LPL WSXGA LM201W01

Back