Funcom's The Secret World

Occidio

[H]ard|Gawd
Just got a beta test invite from funcom for a new MMO they are making. Seems interesting, its set in present time with familiar areas like New York, London, Seoul etc.
The page Dark Days are Coming has a test to show which faction you would want to be.
I guess I got the email from being playing AO.

*quote from site. Havent seen this before.
Freeform gameplay - Experience a game that has no classes or levels. Truly freeform character customization allows you to create the alter-ego you want to play, and gameplay that goes beyond the usually rigid MMO structure allows you to play the game the way you want to play it.

Pretty sure what they sent out the last couple of days sending you to that website is just registering for a chance to get in beta, not inviting you.

Yeah this site has been up a while and it's only to put your name in the "hat" so you'll get picked for beta. Funcom recently laid some people off and announced this game is delayed so it may be a while before the thing actually starts.

Personally, I don't have my hopes up whenever I see "Funcom" and "MMO" in the same sentence.

Funcom is still fucking up AoC and they are going to release another MMO. Are they serious? Hell, they still completely ignore their player's request and go ahead and do what ever the hell they want.

I hope they lose a great deal of money in this process those Gdamn idiots.

Anyone want to buy my Age of Conan copy/coaster?

Worst thing about this game?

It's not a Dreamfall sequel. Serious wtf is up with that?

Funcom is still fucking up AoC and they are going to release another MMO. Are they serious? Hell, they still completely ignore their player's request and go ahead and do what ever the hell they want.

I hope they lose a great deal of money in this process those Gdamn idiots.

Anyone want to buy my Age of Conan copy/coaster?

What're they doing wrong with it? Last time I played was only a month ago, but the game was top fun back then and they only seemed to be making steps forward.

I'd happily give this one a go, since I'm able to keep my knees from flailing around at the slightest provocation.

As someone who dropped out of AOC withing weeks of launch you could say my level of trust with Funcom is at an all time low. That said, I am hoping to get into the beta. Granted anything that needs to be fixed won't nor will Beta team's ideas be listened to, and the game will likely be buggy as hell but I am going for it. It's a great concept, and love the new idea of skill based "leveling" but of anyone can snatch defeat from the jaws of victory it's funcom.

Worst thing about this game?

It's not a Dreamfall sequel. Serious wtf is up with that?

Yeah, aren't they supposed to be working on the final chapter of the trilogy? Everyone and their mother has to get in on this MMO bandwagon eh?:rolleyes:

AFAIK the "idea" behind this project has been in making for a lonnng lonng time (before AO)

It *has* potential and honestly while their game do get released in crappy, unfinished state they're still really enjoyable.

AO is prolly one if not my favorite MMO ever and while I only played 4-5 months of AoC I had a great time playing it.

I had fun with AO also. The engine did need help but the xml tie in made it very interesting for working with windows. You can make auction announcements by making an html page and paste it from windows right into the chat. I even got back into AO a couple months ago and had some fun with it. The depth that game had with implants and such made things very interesting.
The skill based system was one of the first to into mmo's but most people dont realize it. Ultima Online was skill based levels without levels and it did well for a long time. It was nice to not know what a "level" a person was but what they were capable of.

Funcom is still fucking up AoC and they are going to release another MMO. Are they serious?
Agreed, not playing this guaranteed garbage. Funcom doesn't know how to make games.

Back