Full Specs On The World's Largest 1080p LED Screen

HardOCP News

[H] News
While you may have to wait until the 2009 season to see the world's largest 1080p LED scoreboard, you can drool over the specs today thanks to the folks at Engadget HD. At 160ft by 72ft the 1080P display will be almost 11,400 square feet and have 10.6 million LEDs. Sound impressive? Check out the stadium’s official website if you want to really be blown away.

Looks great, but why? When I am at a sporting event I am watching the event, not the large screens with ads, replays, etc, though it is very impressive.

Looks great, but why? When I am at a sporting event I am watching the event, not the large screens

Agreed, if your going to watch the live screens whilst in the stadium then you may as well goto a bar or watch it at home. Whilst its certainly a great LCD screen, i just dont see the point in it at all.

It is about twice that - I'm not sure where the 1080P thing came from, but its resolution is 2,176 x 4,864

The endzone TVs are 1080P and the sideline are what you stated. There will be four TVs in total, two endzone and two sideline.

if your going to watch the live screens whilst in the stadium then you may as well goto a bar or watch it at home. Whilst its certainly a great LCD screen, i just dont see the point in it at all.

2 words man Instant Replay

and random pics of cheerleaders will be nice too
:D

If you're going to have a new stadium, you mind as well have the best technology with it.

Obviously some of you have never been to many major sporting events where you're not always at the best angle to see the play or you can't tell exactly what happened from where your'e sitting.

While sitting in the endzone, these screens would be a godsend, as when the team is at the other end it's hard to tell exactly where the player's are in relation to the yardage for a first down or what exactly happened.

Also those huge screens on the sides will be awesome for someone sitting midway up or in the nose bleed section. You'll once again be able to see where the players are on the field and those cheap seats up high are actually not all that bad.

Yes you can't watch the players on the field and see them that well from high up, but with that screen you can see hi-def action of your team on the field and enjoy the stadium atmosphere, which can't be had at home, even with surround sound.

Also, you have to take in mind that everyone doesn't have HD at home, and some games are subject to blackout, though I don't think the Cowboy's have that issue, but I know other teams in the league could use screens like this some weeks.

I also don't know anyone with an HD screen that big in their home, or anyone who would ever have one anytime soon. So buy some cheap seats with a bunch of friends, watch the game in hd and enjoy the stadium perks, win/win imo. :D

Weak.....

http://www.ledsmagazine.com/news/4/7/12

Daktronics makes 4mm pitch HD displays that are fully programmable. Not only that, but just wait until their newest software hits the market...we are talking about a fully integrated display system from one central location.

All the displays throughout a stadium will be individually linked an controllable from one central program.

Lets see Mitsubishi compete with that....

lol that's all fine and dandt but knowing the greed of humanity it is gonna mostly be filled with ads

Cool, I think this one surpasses the Tv at Darrell K Royal stadium in Austin where the Texas Longhorns play. It is 7,370 sq ft vs 11520 for this new one.

I guess everything is bigger in Texas...well I live here, and my girlfriends all seem to think so..

Cool, I think this one surpasses the Tv at Darrell K Royal stadium in Austin where the Texas Longhorns play. It is 7,370 sq ft vs 11520 for this new one.

I guess everything is bigger in Texas...well I live here, and my girlfriends all seem to think so..

1080P from that distance isn't "that" great....it should be twice that I think.

I just laugh at replies like this, from people who have no idea what they are talking about.

They won't be watching a movie you putz!! That display will be perfect for what it's intended for..

Fair play, when you USA dudes do stuff, you do it big! Very nice TVs & a very nice stadium, enjoy :)

All those people sitting in the EndZone are gonna be real happy about that. It might even make those seats worth something. Next thing you know people are gonna start requesting Nose Bleed just to be closer to the screen. Seriously though, who ever had to solder that array probably died of carpal tunnel.

All those people sitting in the EndZone are gonna be real happy about that. It might even make those seats worth something. Next thing you know people are gonna start requesting Nose Bleed just to be closer to the screen. Seriously though, who ever had to solder that array probably died of carpal tunnel.

I'm sure the wrists on robotic arms are replaceable. :D

More than two words: Close-up of cheerleaders camel toe on the large screen.

I worked with the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders believe me they allow no camel toe and they actually wear panties that do not allow it.

Anyways I live about less a mile from the stadium now and it is a freakin monstrosity. It is actually right next to the Rangers baseball stadium, Six Flags, Hurricane Harbor and guess what? There is no public transportation what so ever in Arlington, TX.

I will be moving here shortly thank goodness.

Ok back to the TV that is one helluva screen. The first center scoreboard and video screen in a football stadium.

Back