Full Spec Dell G7 or Asus GU501GM (Zephyrus M light)

Brownstone

Gawd
Hello!

Before I pull the trigger I need some input... I am between these two laptops.

The Asus is the BB exclusive Zephyrus, I believe the only difference is it has a 120hz IPS instead of a 144hz?

Between the Dell and Asus the difference is the use of 1060 Max Q vs full 1060, the 60hz IPS on the Dell and the aluminum chasis on the Asus?

I would be buying an open box for 1350 so it is a 150 usd difference. I am torn if it is worth the extra cost of the Asus. Opinions? Thank you!

I could not find anything solid on the Asus

Well, it depends on what is most important to you. Could you provide us with the link to the Zephyrus? I am seeing 2 on Best Buy's website. I'd like to know which one specifically you are considering.

A hopped up Civic vs a low end BMW

I’d go with the Asus. I have a G7 7588 in my possession.

The Dell is great at $1k but spec’d out is getting into better product territory.

I'd go with the Dell. 12% off coupon with "SAVE12" at checkout and 15% cash back with Ebates. I just purchased a spec'd out G3 with the same specs as the Asus. The coupons and cash back turned my otherwise $1100 purchase into a $833 one.

(Sorry mods if this isn't allowed but figured i'd help OP out, but delete if need-be)

If you sign up with Ebates then you get $10 instantly. https://www.ebates.com/r/ZAMARD3?eeid=28187

Back