Full modern warfare 2 trailer

Thanks for the linky, It looks really good and if the game play has the same "feel" as the first one, its sure to be a winner.

Not sure I'll buy into the hype of this one. The first one was "good". It was essentially the same as all the others CoDs, but in a different setting. Still, if they don't give us some kind of freedom, I won't be getting anymore CoD titles. Waiting for NPC #133 to open a damn door, is something that shouldn't happen in modern games and it certainly won't take anything away from the cinematic feel.

Well one thing about it.. COD4 was a great looking game for the hardware it needed to run on.

COD5 looks to follow that trend, but time will tell. I am eagerly looking forward to it.

Well if you buy this game you will not be, as they will be dropping the CoD franchise name.
:D

The point was really the lack of freedom. One of the reasons why people gave so much praise to CoD4, was the fact that it scaled very well with any kind of hardware, to which I often raised the question: Why wouldn't it ? All we do in the game is shoot...We can't interact with 99% of the objects on screen. We could do more in Doom or some other golden oldie, where the main objective was also to shoot everything that moves...

So CoD or not, I won't buy anymore games where we need to follow a fixed path and have to wait for NPC #97 to open a door or flip a switch...It's ridiculous in this day and age.

Impressive. Looks like there following the storyline from COD4. Can't wait for this one.

I'm burnt out on linear games as well, but I loved CoD4. I had no interest in CoD5 (WWII and Treyarch... meh), but this one will be a must own for me. Trailer looks awesome.

i just completed cod4. diddnt realize i left the sp right at the last bit of the game lol. all i had to do was kill that geeza hehe.

great game and i ave had this game since day 1 and its just now i completed it LOL

Well one thing about it.. COD4 was a great looking game for the hardware it needed to run on.

COD5 looks to follow that trend, but time will tell. I am eagerly looking forward to it.

CoD 5 did not follow that at all.....and it perform a lot worse than what the graphic should gives....

so they replaced the slightly interesting characters from the other game with a typical gruff dude with a mohawk

lame

Looks really awesome. I've been a huge fan of the -real- COD games. Will be buying this one.

If you don't chew Big Red then FU*K YOU!!!!!!!

Pretty much how I feel about anyone talking crap about this game. CoD4 is the greatest shooter ever made....specifically hardcore search & destroy. ;)

CoD 5 did not follow that at all.....and it perform a lot worse than what the graphic should gives....

This game hasn't been released. How do you know that? Or are you refering to COD4 World At War?

That game runs practically the same for me, although I don't enjoy it nearly as much as I did with COD4 Modern warfare.

This game hasn't been released. How do you know that? Or are you refering to COD4 World At War?

That game runs practically the same for me, although I don't enjoy it nearly as much as I did with COD4 Modern warfare.

was talking about WaW, that game fps was way lower than it suppose to be and what I have in CoD4

If you don't chew Big Red then FU*K YOU!!!!!!!

Pretty much how I feel about anyone talking crap about this game. CoD4 is the greatest shooter ever made....specifically hardcore search & destroy. ;)
THIS! :D

The point was really the lack of freedom. One of the reasons why people gave so much praise to CoD4, was the fact that it scaled very well with any kind of hardware, to which I often raised the question: Why wouldn't it ? All we do in the game is shoot...We can't interact with 99% of the objects on screen. We could do more in Doom or some other golden oldie, where the main objective was also to shoot everything that moves...

So CoD or not, I won't buy anymore games where we need to follow a fixed path and have to wait for NPC #97 to open a door or flip a switch...It's ridiculous in this day and age.

I think linear games have just as much of a place as open world games.

The idea of a linear game is that its immersive, has good pacing and a good narrative. I like those qualities in a game, therefore I tend to like linear games. When I play more open games like Far Cry 2 they just feel directionless (not to say its bad, I enjoyed FC2, but not as much as COD4). And then you have games like Crysis, which is basically linear too, but with slightly more freedom, which was ok, but I didn't find it very immersive.

Also, the fact COD4 scales so well is more of a multiplayer thing. The fact it scales so well means I, on my 8800GTS 320mb, could play against my friend with a 6800GT and also my other friend with a 4870. Crysis multiplayer, the performance was so much arse even on my 8800GTS 320mb I was at a huge disadvantage compared to my mate on the 4870, because my game ran so inconsistent by comparison, and my friend with the 6800GT didn't even bother buying the game in the first place.

COD4 was one of the most immersive games I've played in a while, and if they made it more open it'd lose a lot of that quality.

Games like CoD4 are like a movie, they still have a place in "this day and age".

I agree about immersion and direction in CoD4, if it were alot more open I wouldn't have liked it. I'm incredibly excited about MW2, I just recently started getting semi-serious about the first one and I can't wait.

I agree about immersion and direction in CoD4, if it were alot more open I wouldn't have liked it. I'm incredibly excited about MW2, I just recently started getting semi-serious about the first one and I can't wait.

yup. i have no problem with linear games, as long as it has a good decent storyline and variety in levels, im in

I think linear games have just as much of a place as open world games.

The idea of a linear game is that its immersive, has good pacing and a good narrative. I like those qualities in a game, therefore I tend to like linear games. When I play more open games like Far Cry 2 they just feel directionless (not to say its bad, I enjoyed FC2, but not as much as COD4). And then you have games like Crysis, which is basically linear too, but with slightly more freedom, which was ok, but I didn't find it very immersive.

I disagree obviously. Games like HL, HL2, AvP2, the FEAR games, etc are linear too, while being cinematic. But we can open a damn door and actually interact with the world. Crysis is a whole new animal, where linearity exists for the cinematic feel, but it's pretty much a "do what you like, in the way you like" game, with no fixed path to reach a certain goal.

Tudz said:
Also, the fact COD4 scales so well is more of a multiplayer thing. The fact it scales so well means I, on my 8800GTS 320mb, could play against my friend with a 6800GT and also my other friend with a 4870. Crysis multiplayer, the performance was so much arse even on my 8800GTS 320mb I was at a huge disadvantage compared to my mate on the 4870, because my game ran so inconsistent by comparison, and my friend with the 6800GT didn't even bother buying the game in the first place.

Incorrect. The game is smooth on most hardware, because the world is completely still. We can't interact with anything and the NPCs only interact with what's scripted. This means almost no physics in game, which are what make games like Crysis (along with superb graphics) performance killers. Now you can argue that it was done on purpose, for multiplayer, in which case I can sort of agree.

Tudz said:
COD4 was one of the most immersive games I've played in a while, and if they made it more open it'd lose a lot of that quality.

Disagree again, since as I explained above, there are games that give the player a lot more freedom, while not loosing anything. I certainly don't consider a game where the goal is to press the left mouse button repeatedly, an "immersive" experience. Bioshock comes to mind as a game like CoDs, in the sense that it is basically a "shoot everything that moves" game, but at least it supports itself on a very good story. CoD 4 doesn't really have the good story to support it. As I said, it was a "good" game IMO with some original parts (actually I can only remember the sniper level as original), but just a repetition of past games, in a new setting.

Tudz said:
Games like CoD4 are like a movie, they still have a place in "this day and age".

As I said, when other games are also like a movie and give you so much more freedom, I would say no...they don't.

Well we disagree with each other then ;) I never said I was "right", I just said I liked the way COD4 was made and found it to be extremely immersive, and things like being able to open doors and throw barrels around really didn't phase me because of the fact the game actually drew me in and made me want to keep playing.

If you disagree thats fine :p

Infinity Ward are good at what they do, which is making tight, well-paced shooters with tons of action and set-pieces.

They've said in recent interviews that they're not planning on changing that formula but they will address some of the shortcomings of CoD4 like respawning enemies and being too constrained/linear.

For me COD4 has the single, most memorable and emotional experience from any shooter to date. If you've played it, you know what I'm talking about. That is going down in gaming history.

For me COD4 has the single, most memorable and emotional experience from any shooter to date. If you've played it, you know what I'm talking about. That is going down in gaming history.
No question. I've never seen anything like that in a video game before.

Hi,

wow MW2 looks nice in the trailer. I am wondering if they will drop a nice size demo soon to entice us even more into buying it. The trailer however, has a 24/ James Bond feel to it. It would be nice to have different weapons to play with like that 12 gauge Striker shotgun. Maybe some other H&K weaponry like H&K 21E or a Glock pistol. How bout some kinda of experimental 6mm round assault rifle. After all this is Modern Warfare. What about Styer AUG or a SIG based weapon?

Looks good in the trailer but then again it should.

Last edited:
Hi,

wow MW2 looks nice in the trailer. I am wondering if they will drop a nice size demo soon to entice us even more into buying it.

I doubt they would release a demo 3+ months before the game is to be released. Especially this day and age when you're lucky to get a demo at all, even after the game launches.

Hi,

I doubt they would release a demo 3+ months before the game is to be released. Especially this day and age when you're lucky to get a demo at all, even after the game launches.

[bats eyes] a gurl can dream..

*shaggy is not a girl. shaggy doesn't dream. shaggy kicked Chuck Norris's arse in a dream!

I wasn't a big fan of COD4 simply because I never was a fan arcade shooters.
Its like a Michael Bay movie, its fun the 1st time, but once you get past the explosions you end up with a mediocre movie.

Not saying COD4 wasn't fun, but it was urber-arcade and extremely linear and scripted.
Ill give it a try, but Im not excited.

this trailer looks bloody brilliant, there needs to be more modern warfare games, who gives a shit about more WW2 games like WaW ? theres already 50 million of them, i hope the multiplayer in this delivers the goods, i will be buying it the second its released.

Disagree again, since as I explained above, there are games that give the player a lot more freedom, while not loosing anything. I certainly don't consider a game where the goal is to press the left mouse button repeatedly, an "immersive" experience. Bioshock comes to mind as a game like CoDs, in the sense that it is basically a "shoot everything that moves" game, but at least it supports itself on a very good story. CoD 4 doesn't really have the good story to support it. As I said, it was a "good" game IMO with some original parts (actually I can only remember the sniper level as original), but just a repetition of past games, in a new setting.

Well I think we can all agree that what is immersive is going to change based on the player. And I think it changes all the time. For example games like Quake2 sucked me in and almost made me feel like I was right that fighting the stogg. Why? Maybe it was the music, the atmosphere, the weapons, no idea. But other games like Fear, COD, AvP, Duke Nukem, Unreal, CS, ect all had there place and time for being immersive for me in one way or another.

One thing I never liked with COD is the infinite enemy respawners. I understand they are there to push you along but when playing on veteran levels they become down right cheesy (or my skill sucks which adds to the case). But going by all the awards and very positive press COD4 did a lot of things right in the single and both multiplayer parts. Was it the best game ever, no but it sure was fun for most of us :)

It so hard to judge just by a trailer but this looks like they maybe able to keep it up the experience but we should wait and see...

I wonder if SAS Soap returns for MW2?

Some people seem to think Soap is the guy with the mohawk in the trailer.

Also, COD5 is Call of Duty: World at War

Modern Warfare 2 does not have the Call of Duty title. Infinity Ward is dropping the COD name and sticking with Modern Warfare. It seems they will focus on the modern warfare type of games and Treyarch will continue with the COD series and older era games.

Back