Fujitsu Tech suck!

ycchan

[H]ard|Gawd
Basically I emailed them and asked whether the bios will support HDDs as much as 60Gb. It has a 30Gb ATA HDD atm and I want to upgrade to 60Gb 7200rpm Hitachi.
Its a Fujitsu C2210, P4-m 1.8GHz, ATi IGP 340M 64mb, 14.1" XGA TFT etc...

Here is their reply:

Dear Sir,

The Max HDD tested for this model is 40 GB but you can try the 60GB
before purchase it if the system can support .

If you have any other questions or problems please feel free to contact
us.
Thank you for your time and patronage. We value all our customers
and look forward to helping you now and in the future.

:rolleyes: :(

Sony's support is the same way. Since he said
ycchan said:
you can try the 60GB before purchase it if the system can support .
then tell him to send you an evaluation model and a return packing slip in case it doesn't work.
:p

Their Engrish is horrible. At least people from India have an inkling of English sentence structure after being a colony of Brittain for so long.

We look forward to helping you now and in the future.

Judging by the response you got they didn't help you "now" and it's doubtful they'll help you in the "future". Maybe you should go all Chris Tucker on them and be, "Do you understand the words I am typing in this e-mail?"

A 60GB will work just fine in that model. Why the tech didn't inform you of this I don't know.
Personal experience, dealing with Fujitsu techs is like talking to a knowledgeable Best Buy employee in the computer department. :rolleyes: After working for an authorized Fujistu repair shop and having to talk to Fujistu direclty NUMEROUS times I can tell you that sometimes you literally have to scream at them before they understand what you're asking.

I emailed them again but this time to Fujitsu America helpdesk (before was Asia helpdesk) and they said it can be done. :) But the guy mentions the recovery method is self contained on the current HDD and if I want to transfer to the new drive I will have to register my lappy with them (to be done without voiding my warranty) so they can do that at their repair depot . hm....

What is the recovery method? I thought the CDs did that job :confused:

Alot of Laptop makers are being real chickenshit these days and rather than spend $1 making you a set of recovery CDs or a DVD. They just waste space on the hard drive. That's the problem with upgrading drives in alot of boxed computers. All their recovery information is on a seperate HDD partition. Sony and HPQ let you make a backup of the recovery partition in case your Hard Disk dies. Others don't so if your drive fails you're SOL, check and see if you have Recovery disks or have a way of backing up the recovery partition. If you can't do it on the Lappy itself you can use Norton Ghost to clone the drive to the 60GB.

I have the Fujitsu product recovery CD with me and on it, it says "The software included on this Recovery CD-ROM was preinstalled on your hard drive at the factory and may only be used for backup and recovery of your Fujitsu computer system"

So Im assuming I can use the CD to install it on my new 60Gb HDD?

Using ghoast or a number of other partition tools you can unhide the backup partition
you can then burn a cd or dvd of the partition
and delete the partition if you want more space

i do this quite often on clients laptops so they dont accidently do a recovery and delete everything

ycchan said:
I have the Fujitsu product recovery CD with me and on it, it says "The software included on this Recovery CD-ROM was preinstalled on your hard drive at the factory and may only be used for backup and recovery of your Fujitsu computer system"

So Im assuming I can use the CD to install it on my new 60Gb HDD?

You are correct, that will wipe the harddrive squeaky clean and put Winders and all the other stuff back on it. It should work regardless of HDD size.

Have to agree, I hate Fujitsu, we bought 1 Fujitsu laptop through a local reseller, the hard drive went dead after we had it for a month. The local reseller couldn't fix it and instead of Fujitsu sending a hard drive to the reseller for them to install we had to ship the whole laptop back to them. Normally that's not terrible but they told me it could take up to 2 weeks to get back. They got the laptop, fixed it and then shipped it to the Netherlands(sp) instead of Nebraska, finally they got it returned to them and fixed the shipping address....took 2 months to get the stupid thing back.

We now buy all Dell.

niccoli said:
Have to agree, I hate Fujitsu, we bought 1 Fujitsu laptop through a local reseller, the hard drive went dead after we had it for a month. The local reseller couldn't fix it and instead of Fujitsu sending a hard drive to the reseller for them to install we had to ship the whole laptop back to them. Normally that's not terrible but they told me it could take up to 2 weeks to get back. They got the laptop, fixed it and then shipped it to the Netherlands(sp) instead of Nebraska, finally they got it returned to them and fixed the shipping address....took 2 months to get the stupid thing back.

We now buy all Dell.

LOL, some guy in the dutch branch of UPS is probably "WTF? This is supposed to go to America!"

Seriously, who abbreviates for a country on postage other than for USA?

Mr_Evil said:
LOL, some guy in the dutch branch of UPS is probably "WTF? This is supposed to go to America!"

Seriously, who abbreviates for a country on postage other than for USA?

My thoughts exactly...I can't decide if it was a UPS screw up or a Fujitsu screw up....either way I'm glad it's over.

Back