[fudzilla]OcUK confirms AMD Never Settle Reloaded worked

Final8ty

Gawd
7970 and 7950 sales in February matched December

A few days back we wrote that AMD?s Never Settle Reloaded helped boost HD 7970 sales. You can read the original report here.

We got contacted by Overclockers UK, a company that commands a massive AMD market share in the UK and they backed up what our sources were telling us. The promotion worked like a charm.

Andrew Gibson, a well know name in the graphics card forum world and the Purchasing Manager for OcUK approached us and said that the Never Settle Reloaded bundle gave OcUk sales an uplift. In fact, the promotion was so successful that 7970 and 7950 series sold so well that February sales matched December. December is the peak month for graphics card sales and matching a peak month in the middle of a seasonally slow season sounds like a remarkable result.

Gibson added that 7870 and 7850 sales did improve slightly, but didn?t match December sales. He continued to point out that it helped boost sales of these cards, but the 7900 series bundle was definitely stronger. This part is also in line with what we have been hearing from our sources.

The benefits for OcUK are clear. With the help of this promotion they claim they have grown to slightly over 50 percent of AMD graphics card market share in Britain, which is a great result. Nvidia?s graphics card business side will have to wake up and shift some Tegra love to Geforce, as AMD got really aggressive in the last few weeks and its strategy is clearly working.

Graphics are still a very important piece of business for both companies, and let?s not forget that Nvidia makes most of its money from professional and desktop and notebook graphics card market, not Tegra.
http://www.fudzilla.com/home/item/30605-ocuk-confirms-amd-never-settle-reloaded-worked

Not surprising, it was a good deal. Though it seems a lot of people around here just sold the codes for extra cash...not a bad idea, either.

I considered the gtx670 but the bundle for the 7950 sold me on it as the better bargain. This is coming from a user who hasnt bothered with an ATI card since the 9200 series.

It worked for me. I picked up a 7870 which qualified for Tomb Raider and Bioshock Infinite for free. I registered last week and today I got a follow up e-mail with some game codes and I was sure surprised. I received codes for:
Crisis 3
Sleeping Dogs
Hitman Absolution
Far Cry 3
and IOUs for Bioshock and Tomb Raider when they are released.

Hell of a deal! Anyone else get all of that?

I bought my 7870 tahiti le's for $210 each. Sold each game bundle for $50. Then sold my 6950s for $150 each before shipping on my dime.
Turning out to be a pretty cheap 'upgrade'. (gonna end up costing me about $40)
I say 'upgrade' because the 6950s were faster because they crossfired just fine. These 7870s are not splitting work evenly at all and sometimes one of them stays at 2d clocks. When crossfire does work, the clock speeds jump between 900 and 1100. So annoying.
Uh. sorry for the rant. But yea, good deal!

It turned out to be a great deal for me. I picked up 2 7970's, and received 2 coupon sets. So my son gets a set of games, the same as me, saving me $240.00 in software. That puts my 7970's in the $620 range, and I still have 2 5870's to either sell or hand down to my son. That made the deal too hot to pass up.

It worked for me. I picked up a 7870 which qualified for Tomb Raider and Bioshock Infinite for free. I registered last week and today I got a follow up e-mail with some game codes and I was sure surprised. I received codes for:
Crisis 3
Sleeping Dogs
Hitman Absolution
Far Cry 3

You got a total of 6 games for free? Is this for the US?

Crisis 3
Sleeping Dogs
Hitman Absolution
Far Cry 3

Just checked my home email and found the same thing. I got the Crysis key shortly after registering and already sold that to a friend here at work. Got an email this morning at 10 AM CST that had keys for everything listed above even tho all I purchased was a 7950 which should have gotten me only Crysis 3 and Bioshock Infinite.

Can I redeem my AMD code for the "bundle" to get the two keys then I could I just sell one of the keys?

if there's a chance that I could get 6 game keys, then it's worth it to register the code myself then offer to sell the game keys. This saves the buyer a step.

I'm really tempted to get a 7970 Ghz edition with this reloaded deal since I wanted to get Crysis 3 and Bioshock anyway.

What's the deal with hardly any of these cards coming with the stock blower coolers anymore?

Can I redeem my AMD code for the "bundle" to get the two keys then I could I just sell one of the keys?

if there's a chance that I could get 6 game keys, then it's worth it to register the code myself then offer to sell the game keys. This saves the buyer a step.

That's what I did. I redeemed the bundle code and then sold the Crysis 3 code to a co-worker. I don't have the Bioshock Infinite code yet.
Then I got the other codes in the mail this morning. ;)

Yes, you scratch off the card and fill out the form on the AMD website. They email you the key for Origin for Crysis. The Bioshock key will be delivered later at launch.

That's what I did. I redeemed the bundle code and then sold the Crysis 3 code to a co-worker. I don't have the Bioshock Infinite code yet.
Then I got the other codes in the mail this morning. ;)

Where did you buy? Did you register them under the same name and email address?

All I got was a code for Crysis 3 and an IOU for Bioshock. This news of people receiving codes for the other games is certainly interesting.

Where did you buy? Did you register them under the same name and email address?

I purchased from Amazon. Amazon, within 24 hours, before I received the card in the mail, sent me the code via e-mail to redeem the Never Settle Reloaded bundle thru AMD. Then it was about a week to receive the game codes from AMD that I listed earlier.

In case anyone wants factual sales data.

4Zs7EVB.jpg

This makes me sad. I got no codes yet, let alone codes for six games. Anyone who bought the Powercolor Tahiti get any codes yet?

This makes me sad. I got no codes yet, let alone codes for six games. Anyone who bought the Powercolor Tahiti get any codes yet?

I got a scratch off card with each of my video cards. They came in the same box as the video cards.
Bought from newegg last week.

I bought my Mysts from NCIX and got nothing but an email from NCIX with the download code. That produced an email from AMD telling me to wait until Bioshock/Tomb Raider were released. That is all.

The full game bundle was actually part of a promotion where you receive that when you purchase two 7950 or 7970. That you got this with only one card makes me hate you and I hope your download codes don't work. :mad::mad::mad:

For the people getting the six games with a crossfire setup, are you putting in two codes on the same email address and information?

Picked up the MSI 7950 TF3 from Microcenter on 2/11/13 and was handed the Bundle card at purchase.

Waited a bit to make sure that the video card would work and not need returned before scratching off the bundle code and submitting it on 2/23/13. Got back an email with the Crysis 3 code and IOU for Bioshock right after submitting the bundle code.

Checked email today after seeing this thread and had an email with a different code for Crysis 3 and codes for the other games. Didn't buy two cards for crossfire so no idea why the email arrived today with the extra codes.

*Edit*
Just tried redeeming the Crysis 3 code and got an error message that it had already been redeemed. I'm beginning to suspect that AMD accidentally bulk emailed a number of us with the same email. =P
Same with the Hitman and Sleeping Dogs keys on Steam. They've already been redeemed so what was sent to me were duplicate keys. Maybe whoever spotted the email first got free games. ;)

Last edited:
Sounds like an error on their end, seeing as very few people are reporting this. I wouldn't be surprised if the codes are invalidated.

Yeah...I bought a code for Bioshock and Tomb Raider off of someone, registered, and got an email that they would send me the keys closer to release. Okay.

Today I get an email that is basically the same, but now there is a Crysis 3 key. Confusing, but I try the key for the hell of it. Says the key is already used. Okay, but...if I registered the code, how am I getting a used key, and why?

I have two 7950's on the way but the retailer had no coupons.. can I somehow get them from amd with proof of purchase from this month ?

I hadn't tried the keys for Crysis 3 or Hitman yet. Just tried and they are indeed "duplicate". So, it sounds like someone at AMD screwed up. I just hope the codes went to the right person.

I've never understood the appeal of a game bundle really. If there is a game that I actually care about, I'm probably going to buy it when it first comes out or soon afterward - not wait and try to get it as part of a bundle when I purchase a videocard. If it's a game that I haven't already bought, chances are, I don't care about that game anyway.

I guess the game bundles are targeted toward.... people who don't have enough money to actually buy the games that they want but who have enough money to buy $400+ videocards? :confused:

I bought my 7870 tahiti le's for $210 each. Sold each game bundle for $50. Then sold my 6950s for $150 each before shipping on my dime.
Turning out to be a pretty cheap 'upgrade'. (gonna end up costing me about $40)
I say 'upgrade' because the 6950s were faster because they crossfired just fine. These 7870s are not splitting work evenly at all and sometimes one of them stays at 2d clocks. When crossfire does work, the clock speeds jump between 900 and 1100. So annoying.
Uh. sorry for the rant. But yea, good deal!

Kind of a good example of what I was going to say...

They throw games in for free, but they cannot afford to properly maintain driver support? With so many driver issues lately, unless someone was on a SUPER TIGHT budget, I wouldn't even consider any of the cards in this series. And it seems the driver issue have gotten worse.

I've never understood the appeal of a game bundle really. If there is a game that I actually care about, I'm probably going to buy it when it first comes out or soon afterward - not wait and try to get it as part of a bundle when I purchase a videocard. If it's a game that I haven't already bought, chances are, I don't care about that game anyway.

I guess the game bundles are targeted toward.... people who don't have enough money to actually buy the games that they want but who have enough money to buy $400+ videocards? :confused:

Or the people who think they are going to sell the games on forums for full retail price :confused: People here wanted 90% of retail for a game code from a video card bundle. Nuts.

Or the people who think they are going to sell the games on forums for full retail price :confused: People here wanted 90% of retail for a game code from a video card bundle. Nuts.

I was able to get Bioshock + Tomb Raider for around $50. That's less than half retail price.

You're not getting it, the budle is not because people can buy a card and not a game, its just an added bonus to buy the card, you have perfect examples of these all around you - like buy one of our laptops and get $30 credit at the ITunes store.
(Now this does not imply that a person getting the laptop that often times is upwards of $1000 cannot afford $30 at the ITunes store)

If you need a new video card and are interested in playing the game that comes with the card, can you go wrong getting the video card. Is this that diffucult to understand?

So let's say that a game you want to play is coming with a video card and say you want a video card too and also lets assume that you get the video card and hence get the game free. Will you still buy another copy of the game, because it's against your principle to play a game that comes free with a video card?
Also remember that when these bundles were launched most of these games weren't out yet, so yes most people just had them pre-ordered, so folks were justified in getting the video card and hence the games.

I for one have no issues with free games coming with my cards and I cannot fathom what kind of people would have an issue with games coming free with a video card purchase!:confused:

P.S. Well in the future if you get a video card with a free game would you mind giving me the code to it since you would have already bought the game anyways...lol..just kidding!

Last edited:

If people expect 90% they are disillusioned and also because you may find some fools willing to pay that sum for the code - this honestly isn't much different from people getting Titan at launch for $1600 on eBay, there is a thread in the NV forum that pays tribute to this glorious feat of human (in)competence.

I sold my FC3 on eBay for $30 (retials $50) a couple of weeks prior to the launch of the game. I got it with my 7950 Never Settled Bundle and sure I found people selling the code for $45.

its just an added bonus to buy the card, you have perfect examples of these all around you - like buy one of our laptops and get $30 credit at the ITunes store.

Agreed, and just the same, the game bundle would have about the same impact on my buying decision as a $30 itunes card, aka none.

If you need a new video card and are interested in playing the game that comes with the card, can you go wrong getting the video card. Is this that diffucult to understand?

Actually with your grammar, it's plenty difficult to understand. My point was that I buy games that I care about and plan to play, not wait for card bundles.

So let's say that a game you want to play is coming with a video card and say you want a video card too and also lets assume that you get the video card and hence get the game free. Will you still buy another copy of the game, because it's against your principle to play a game that comes free with a video card?

Now you're making up stuff that I never said. I said that I don't understand the appeal of a game bundle, because I buy the games that I care about when they come out. Nowhere did I say that I would turn-down games that I got for free; they just wouldn't represent a significant factor in my purchasing decision.

Also remember that when these bundles were launched most of these games weren't out yet, so yes most people just had them pre-ordered, so folks were justified in getting the video card and hence the games.

That may have been true for some games over a short period of time but not for the vast majority of the time that this bundle has been in-place.

I for one have no issues with free games coming with my cards and I cannot fathom what kind of people would have an issue with games coming free with a video card purchase!:confused:

Re-read my post, you won't see a single instance where I took "issue" with the free games that come with the bundle. I only said that I don't find it to be that great of a perk.

Bundled games are targeted to people who were on the edge of upgrading but were undecided either on time or brand. If they are games you wanted, upgrade or not, it's technically just saving money on the video card. With that bundle, you were getting six very new games that are very popular. Even putting them at $30 a piece, that's a pretty substantial value. If you were planning on buying Bioshock and Tomb Raider at MSRP, it gets even better. I would argue that the 7950 with the Never Settle bundle is probably the best value for a video card EVER if you are even remotely interested in the games it came with.

Agreed, and just the same, the game bundle would have about the same impact on my buying decision as a $30 itunes card, aka none.

Actually with your grammar, it's plenty difficult to understand. My point was that I buy games that I care about and plan to play, not wait for card bundles.

Now you're making up stuff that I never said. I said that I don't understand the appeal of a game bundle, because I buy the games that I care about when they come out. Nowhere did I say that I would turn-down games that I got for free; they just wouldn't represent a significant factor in my purchasing decision.

That may have been true for some games over a short period of time but not for the vast majority of the time that this bundle has been in-place.

Re-read my post, you won't see a single instance where I took "issue" with the free games that come with the bundle. I only said that I don't find it to be that great of a perk. It seems like English isn't your first language, so I'll cut you some slack.

Well, I don't care what your evaluation of my skill at English is (it's an old language trick that people resort to when they have nothing pertinent to add) but if you say that you take no issue with the game bundle, well we've nothing to disagree on and oh, since I feel a bit more magnanimous, than usual, today yes I concede that my knowledge of English is indeed very poor and as soon as I'm done playing my free games from the bundle I'll register for English classes.

I guess the game bundles are targeted toward.... people who don't have enough money to actually buy the games that they want but who have enough money to buy $400+ videocards?
I'm trying to tell you that this is not necessarily the case, its just an added incentive that you seem to be misinterpreting and just because you do not see it the right way, it does not mean that everyone would see it wrong too. The stats that AMD sales following the bundle introduction have been better, corroborate my theory that the general populace have looked at this the right way.

Finally since you have NV cards, let me ask you - does the $150 credit for in game items from the NV campaign make "sense" to you, does this seem like "that great of a perk".

Last edited:
Back