[fudzilla]OcUK confirms AMD Never Settle Reloaded worked

Agreed, and just the same, the game bundle would have about the same impact on my buying decision as a $30 itunes card, aka none.

Actually with your grammar, it's plenty difficult to understand. My point was that I buy games that I care about and plan to play, not wait for card bundles.

Now you're making up stuff that I never said. I said that I don't understand the appeal of a game bundle, because I buy the games that I care about when they come out. Nowhere did I say that I would turn-down games that I got for free; they just wouldn't represent a significant factor in my purchasing decision.

That may have been true for some games over a short period of time but not for the vast majority of the time that this bundle has been in-place.

Re-read my post, you won't see a single instance where I took "issue" with the free games that come with the bundle. I only said that I don't find it to be that great of a perk.

Hey hey hey buddy GotNoRice this ain't fair.
You edited out the insult you directed at me, or shall I say my lack of apprehension, diction and articulation in english and had me register for english classes. You cannot begin to understand the pain I went through to afford registering for these overpriced and overhyped classes just so that I could communicate with my superiors on internet forums like these and now you back away - and finally not to mention all the time that I'll have to take away from playing my free games from the bundle.
Wow, how gutted this makes me feel..alas.

On a serious note, if you're wondering why I'm dogging you, it's to tell you that it isn't cool to direct personal insult at others for no apparent reason. I don't know how old you are but it never hurts to treat the other person with an iota of respect. No where in my post did I insult you nor refer to any deficiencies you may have but you fired back telling me -
"English isn't your first language, so I'll cut you some slack"
Well I guess that statement brings to the fore more about you than it does about me, but anyways not that I'm on a personal mission to hound you but I hope you learn to talk in a civilised manner with educated folks without having to resort to personal insults.

Finally since you have NV cards, let me ask you - does the $150 credit for in game items from the NV campaign make "sense" to you, does this seem like "that great of a perk".

If either of my 680s came with free games, the coupons are probably still sitting in the boxes.

Hey hey hey buddy GotNoRice this ain't fair.
You edited out the insult you directed at me, or shall I say my lack of apprehension, diction and articulation in english and had me register for english classes. You cannot begin to understand the pain I went through to afford registering for these overpriced and overhyped classes just so that I could communicate with my superiors on internet forums like these and now you back away - and finally not to mention all the time that I'll have to take away from playing my free games from the bundle.
Wow, how gutted this makes me feel..alas.

On a serious note, if you're wondering why I'm dogging you, it's to tell you that it isn't cool to direct personal insult at others for no apparent reason. I don't know how old you are but it never hurts to treat the other person with an iota of respect. No where in my post did I insult you nor refer to any deficiencies you may have but you fired back telling me -
"English isn't your first language, so I'll cut you some slack"
Well I guess that statement brings to the fore more about you than it does about me, but anyways not that I'm on a personal mission to hound you but I hope you learn to talk in a civilised manner with educated folks without having to resort to personal insults.

You misunderstood/misinterpreted my initial post to the extent that you were attacking me based on things that I straight-up never said. My comment about your language skills was an observation, not an insult. Yes, I did edit it out, less than a minute after I posted it, because I thought you would probably misinterpret that also and throw the whole thread off into an irrelevant tangent. In the end, that's exactly what you did.

I think it's commendable that you took the time to learn English, and care enough to work on it. I wish more people did the same.

Why would you not have sold the keys if they were desirable games?

I still don't know if they actually came with any free games or not.

Having just got my two new cards, I was a bit preoccupied with little stuff like enjoying them in the games that I actually play.

Why would you not have sold the keys if they were desirable games?

That's a lot of effort. Kind of like bothering to send in a UPC for a $30 rebate. Who does that?

*Edit*
Just tried redeeming the Crysis 3 code and got an error message that it had already been redeemed. I'm beginning to suspect that AMD accidentally bulk emailed a number of us with the same email. =P
Wow. How embarrassing. No wonder I'm not getting a response from [email protected], they're probably pretty busy.

Having just got my two new cards, I was a bit preoccupied with little stuff like enjoying them in the games that I actually play.

Well back on topic then - You still did not state what your opinion was on the NV campaign, the question that I asked you earlier.

We understand that the Never Settle Bundle, according to you in not much of a perk but what about the in game currency from NV.

And finally, if you had to compare just these freebies from either side of the color spectrum which one would seem more of a perk.

My comment about your language skills was an observation, not an insult.

Let me show you the difference between an observation and a directed insult, they just taught me this at the English course today, see I’m learning.

Observation - Hey I think you need to work on constructing proper sentences, they're more like jumbled words.

Insult - Hey English is not your first language, so I'll cut you some slack.

I do not take offence nor care about what you said (call it observation or insult), I'm calling b.s. on your trying to say it was all me misinterpreting your brotherly remarks.

Well back on topic then - You still did not state what your opinion was on the NV campaign, the question that I asked you earlier.

Well none of the opinions I stated in regards to game bundles had anything to do with AMD. My opinion is the same - it's not something that would influence my purchasing decision.

And finally, if you had to compare just these freebies from either side of the color spectrum which one would seem more of a perk.

Or maybe I purchase my hardware based on the merits of the hardware?

Let me show you the difference between an observation and a directed insult, they just taught me this at the English course today, see I’m learning.

Observation - Hey I think you need to work on constructing proper sentences, they're more like jumbled words.

Insult - Hey English is not your first language, so I'll cut you some slack.

I do not take offence nor care about what you said (call it observation or insult), I'm calling b.s. on your trying to say it was all me misinterpreting your brotherly remarks.

Keeping in mind that you're still talking about something which I removed from my own post less than a minute after I posted it, i'm curious which part you feel was an insult? Was it the part where I said English wasn't your first language (which appears to be true), or the part where I said I should cut you some slack (maybe I shouldn't?). Anyway, continue if you wish, this will be my last post related to your linguistic diatribe.

Why didn't you put your big boy pants on and SLI a couple of Titans then since you can't seem to be bothered to check if your box came with free money in that case?

Well none of the opinions I stated in regards to game bundles had anything to do with AMD. My opinion is the same - it's not something that would influence my purchasing decision.

Or maybe I purchase my hardware based on the merits of the hardware?

Keeping in mind that you're still talking about something which I removed from my own post less than a minute after I posted it, i'm curious which part you feel was an insult? Was it the part where I said English wasn't your first language (which appears to be true), or the part where I said I should cut you some slack (maybe I shouldn't?). Anyway, continue if you wish, this will be my last post related to your linguistic diatribe.

Well lets get over the linguistic debate (thank you by the way for the word diatribe - I've something to impress my class with, for the morrow), but you still seem to be dodging the bullet.

You still owe me a thank you from my lesson of observation vs insult, but its okay, don't mention it, I'm glad you showed interest in the lesson.

Since you were so forthcoming with your opinion of the AMD bundle, I asked you what you felt of the NV bundle and how it compared to the AMD one and gosh, you still haven't answered.

So I'll make it simple for you, pick one of the following options -

A. The NV bundle is better than AMDs
B. The AMD bundle is better than NVs, and
C. They are equally bad (or good)

I'm sure you've an opinion about the NV bundle, because you forayed into a thread specifically talking about the AMD bundle and were very forthcoming with your opinion regarding (or shall I say disregarding) the AMD bundle. so please choose A, B or C from above and lets get our little discussion over with.

Last edited:
Since you were so forthcoming with your opinion of the AMD bundle, I asked you what you felt of the NV bundle and how it compared to the AMD one and gosh, you still haven't answered.

So I'll make it simple for you, pick one of the following options -

A. The NV bundle is better than AMDs
B. The AMD bundle is better than NVs, and
C. They are equally bad (or good)

I'm sure you've an opinion about the NV bundle, because like I said you were very forthcoming with your opinion regarding AMD bundle. so please choose A, B or C from above and lets get our little discussion over with.

I did answer your question. I guess you missed it, among other things.

I don't know why you would think that I would all of a sudden have a different opinion about game bundles just because it comes from a different company.

Your specific opinion was that the AMD bundle was "not that great of a perk" and your opinion about the NV bundle is.....................

Your specific opinion was that the AMD bundle was "not that great of a perk" and your opinion about the NV bundle is.....................

At this point, I feel like all I'm doing is repeating things that I've already posted about. I've answered your question several times now. If you're still confused, I suggest you re-read the thread.

And no, I never offered an opinion regarding an "AMD bundle".

Okay maybe I'm confused, but would it hurt you to just type it in one more time for the record and I'll abstain from asking you this again.

Your opinion about the NV bundle and its relative value compared to the AMD bundle is .....please fill in here.........

If you answer this now, I promise that this is it, I'll not ask you the same question again :D

Okay maybe I'm confused, but would it hurt you to just type it in one more time for the record and I'll abstain from asking you this again.

Your opinion about the NV bundle and its relative value compared to the AMD bundle is .....please fill in here.........

If you answer this now, I promise that this is it, I'll not ask you the same question again :D

From earlier in the thread. Again:

My opinion is the same - it's not something that would influence my purchasing decision.

At this point, I feel like all I'm doing is repeating things that I've already posted about. I've answered your question several times now. If you're still confused, I suggest you re-read the thread.

And no, I never offered an opinion regarding an "AMD bundle".

This is your quote from 11.53 AM today
Re-read my post, you won't see a single instance where I took "issue" with the free games that come with the bundle. I only said that I don't find it to be that great of a perk.

You're in a thread about the AMD Never Settle Bundle and you come here and say what I quoted above - that free games are not that great of a perk and now you state that you do not have an opinion about the bundle - so what exactly have we been talking about for the last 8 hours.

You're in a thread about the AMD Never Settle Bundle and you come here and say what I quoted above - that free games are not that great of a perk and now you state that you do not have an opinion about the bundle - so what exactly have we been talking about for the last 8 hours.

I'm saying that there is a difference between a general opinion about game bundles and expressing an opinion on AMD bundles specifically. I certainly did express an opinion about bundles, but nothing brand specific. Why are we still talking about this? :rolleyes:

Let's reanalyze your statement -

The "the bundle" refers to the AMD Never Settle Bundle, since you said "the" bundle and not "a" bundle, so clearly "the bundle" is the AMD Bundle.
Moving on you said "I only said that I don't find it to be that great of a perk.", so here "it" refers to the free games from the AMD bundle since the other part of your statement was talking about "the" bundle, so putting these two together you were stating an opinion about the AMD bundle not being much of a perk when you said - "you won't see a single instance where I took "issue" with the free games that come with the bundle. I only said that I don't find it to be that great of a perk."

If you were talking about a general bundle you would/should have said -
"you won't see a single instance where I took "issue" with the free games that come with the bundle. I only said that I don't find free games coming with any video card to be that great of a perk."

Now it's clear that you are talking about any generic game bundle that could come with any card.

Now it's clear that you are talking about any generic game bundle that could come with any card.

Find someone else to nitpick English with. This is a hardware forum.

Last edited:
I guess that advice works out equally well for you too since we got into this situation post an analysis that lay bare, my lack of an adequate grasp of English (and yes I convoluted the last bit of my statement on purpose) :D

Win-win for everyone, I bought my 7950 used a while back but still bought some game codes from some of you guys for a nice price :)

Back