FT: Asus Zenfone 2 with lots of issues for a decent budget phone

Foxhack

Limp Gawd
dugt2E2.jpg

A buddy of mine bought this phone about a year and a half ago, but the screen developed an issue - about 80% of it just froze up at random, moving it around so the screen flipped made it work half the time, so he bought a new one and just put this one in storage.

Since he found out my current phone (a modded HTC Evo 4G that I got as a hand-me-down from a friend) is starting to die on me, he gave me this phone a few days ago thinking I could get a replacement screen for it. So I charged it, and it worked more or less okay, but he didn't do a factory reset on the phone, so I did one, and the phone stopped working properly.

It reloaded the OS, but none of the preloaded Asus software would load - so I couldn't do anything but enter the options. I had to sideload a keyboard app to be able to do anything, and even then, most stuff crashed. So I tried to do a factory reset from the startup recovery menu... and the screen refused to work right, so I couldn't do it. I tried using the Android dev kit to do it manually and the phone only showed a USB logo instead.

And since the last time I tried resetting the phone, it started taking a long time to start up, so much so that I think the battery is not working properly anymore.

So basically, this phone has a lot of issues that can be repaired, BUT, I can't afford to get this fixed and Asus' warranty expired months ago.

My friend told me that I could offer the phone here, so. I'm basically offering this phone in need of repairs in exchange for another phone that can run Facebook, Twitter, VLC and a web browser without dying on me. I am not asking for a super modern, super fast phone - I literally only use my current hacked phone as a media player, to use free wi-fi and watch movies on the bus to work.

Aside from the issues I mentioned above, the screen also has some scratches and scuffs - nothing too noticeable unless you look - and it has an Asus book cover-like thing glued to it that lets you do some neat stuff with the window, if the software is loaded that is.

I realize I'm probably asking for too much but I figured someone here would be interested. I will happily send first to a user with good Heatware, and don't expect anything in return until you get the phone and are okay with its condition.

ETA: My Heatware: https://www.heatware.com/u/79864

Sorry for the text dump. Thanks for reading.

Back