FSP Hydro PTM 750W Power Supply Review @ [H]

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
FSP Hydro PTM 750W Power Supply Review

While FSP is still not a widely known brand name when it comes to enthusiast computer power supplies, it has actually been becoming fairly consistent in designing, manufacturing, and selling PSUs in North America that have not only held their own, but also been impressive products. How does this new member of its Hydro series hold up?

Over the years, FSP has been a bit of a mixed bag for the various units I sold and installed. Most of the units worked perfectly fine for years. Others, weren't as reliable. Good to see the FSP Hydro PTM 750W Power Supply post fairly excellent numbers. The online reviews seem to point towards good reliability. While I am a die-hard Seasonic enthusiast, I would consider this PSU in a build since it appears, according to online reviews, to be a reliable unit at a decent price point.

Thanks for the review [H]. Always appreciated.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I love these Power supply reviews. Thank you. I will keep this brand in mind and the rating and performance seems above par to me.

Many many years ago when I working for a system builder we used a ton of fsp power supplies both under there own name, sparkle, ACER and a couple other names.
They were the same supply just different stickers, we bought which ever we could get in bulk the cheapest.
We had 0 issues with them over several years.
Sheeesh I just figured it out and that was over 16 years ago.......

Hydro is not a word I would want associated with a high current PSU.

It's good to see a new brand doing well in power supplies.

Up until now I've mostly only trusted power supplies from Enermax, Seasonic, Antec and Silverstone. Will be nice to have more options.

Last edited:
It's good to see a new brand doing well in power supplies.

Up until now I've mostly only trusted power supplies from Enermax, Seasonic, Antec and Silverstone. Will be nice to have more options.

New Brand? FSP has been around for AGES. Does no one else remember the horrors of FSP Epsilion based units?

New Brand? FSP has been around for AGES. Does no one else remember the horrors of FSP Epsilion based units?

Well, maybe they just weren't on my Radar before. I've been building PC's since ~1991, and the first time I remember seeing the name was in the previous H review of the brand for the dual PSU unit. (Was it called Twins?)

That one - as I recall - seemed pretty decent too, at least for a home server box, but also a little bit too pricy.

Back