FSP Guardian Computer Power Supply Software Review @ [H]

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
FSP Guardian Computer Power Supply Software Review - When it comes to computer power supplies and software, there simply are not a lot of entrants into this niche market. However along side of our FSP Twin 500W review today, we have FSP's entrant into the world of PSU monitoring and control software called Guardian. It will monitor and record your PSU's performance over a 30 day period.

Interesting start. As you say, it looks very much like an alpha build. Can this be installed on a remote machine? Can it monitor multiple systems? It's the sort of thing I would want on a data centre monitoring station.

Interesting start. As you say, it looks very much like an alpha build. Can this be installed on a remote machine? Can it monitor multiple systems? It's the sort of thing I would want on a data centre monitoring station.

Actually, as it is today, yes it can be installed on a remote system in a round about way. The PSU sends information to the monitoring PC via USB. So, you could hack together a solution where the PSU is installed in one PC but the software is installed on another. It does not, however, seem to support multiple PSU's at this time though.

Not really useful for the data centre yet, then. But I'm sure I'm not the only one who will be keeping half an eye on this.

Back