FS: Zalman CNPS10XQuiet with free (probably working) AMD Phenom II X6 1090T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buckus

[H]ard|Gawd
So, here's the deal, something you all have probably encountered:

Tried overclocking my Phenom II X6 with a Corsair H60, but in the process I (unknowingly) removed most of the airflow from the motherboard. So I believe the motherboard is toast.

However, as you can see from my updated signature, I replaced the mobo and CPU with an i7 2600K which I am very happy with. This left me with no hardware to test the X6 and I'm too lazy to take it to store to test. In my experience, CPU's are generally the LAST thing to get fried since the latest generations have thermal diodes that shut down the CPU in an overheat condition.

So, I tried selling the X6 through the regular FS/FT forum, but everyone wanted to know if the CPU is working. I can't blame them. I also don't really need the money, I just want to get the hardware out of my house.

So, for anyone folding, I'll ship the CPU and the heatsink/fan for the cost of shipping (about $30 UPS) and you probably have a good CPU. If not, you have a pretty nice HSF for $30. I do not have the Intel clips for the HSF, though.

Any takers? PM me if interested.

Last edited:
hmm, tempted .... where are you located ? -- And pretty much what happened was the mobo went up in flames ?

also dont forget folding badge

hmm, tempted .... where are you located ? -- And pretty much what happened was the mobo went up in flames ?

also dont forget folding badge

Ha! Looking at your sig, you have my last CPU and my current CPU.

I'm in Phoenix, AZ, so if you can local pickup that's even better. No cost!

Nothing ended up with flame marks, and the memory and GPU are still good (in my current computer). However, when I opened the tower to see what was wrong, the heatsinks on the MOBO components were extremely hot. I had the CPU going @4.0Ghz, and I had Prime 95'd it at that speed for about 30 minutes prior to ensure it would be stable, so that's why I don't believe the CPU is toast.

But, as you know, I don't have any hardware to verify the CPU is still working.

If everything falls through from the previous posters, I'll take it. Let me know.

And if everything falls through, I'll take it as well :).

Since I'm essentially giving this away (actually, I think I will: USPS box ships for $10), I'm going to go with...W.Feather.

Musky, Schro, I apologize; I you guys are first-pagers and don't look like you need any help.

NobleX13, I couldn't confirm your identity as a [H]ard Folder. I apologize for that, but it's my giveaway, my rules.

OmegaSupreme, I also couldn't confirm you as a [H]ard Folder, and in addition it appears you're just interested in this as an upgrade to your current rig, not primarily dedicated to Folding.

I'll give you guys until I go to bed tonight to make a case for yourself otherwise :) Who says I'm not fair.

I withdraw. I was going to use it to upgrade my main machine, which does not fold.

As a note i'm only interested in the CPU to upgrade a WCG box from an Phenom II X2 550, not a F@H one.

Last edited:
if this is still for sale il could use this to throw in my wife rig and update it form a 955 be to a x6 that folds 24/7

Well, it's been a day, so I'll say the following:

W.Feather and Musky are disqualified as they don't plan on folding with this.

NobleX13, you made a good case for yourself, but you're ahead of me in the standings, I'd like to help someone who is lagging behind a bit.

Catfish, sorry, you are a day late :(

So, that leaves....tunatime! You're the winner. PM me by the end of the day with your shipping address and I'll send this stuff to ya.

You can pay me if you want, but you don't have to. :D

Also, interesting in this whole thing: when I tried to sell the CPU, nobody wanted to touch it without testing it first. If I give it away, all of a sudden everybody is all like "I'll take that off your hands for you!" :D

what price were you asking? I would have still paid 80ish. More if you were willing to refund minus return shipping if it doesn't work.

I had already bought a 1055 from egg before i saw your original fs thread so I didn't want to look for fear kicking myself lol.

I was one of the pm'ers that asked the same thing. ;) I didn't see your original F/S post but since you're essentially giving it away at the price of shipping I figured you're gonna get alot of pm's about it. I'm willing to throw in a few more bucks on top of shipping so I can use it on my son's pc build for his schoolwork/games/my backup pc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back