FS: Windows 7/8.1/10/Server 12/16 | Office 10/13/16 | Win 10 Pro: $8 | Office 2019 ProPlus

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^sorry mate, I had many orders to be delivered so thought of taking yours after they were done.
So I can deliver yours promptly.
Pm incoming.

Pretty sure you can just use the key from win 7 pro to do a win10 install now. MS changed that last fall with the build. Source: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/activation-in-windows-10
Yes and no. AFAIK, you can't take fresh brand new hardware and clean install Windows 10 on it with a Windows 7 key and have it activate. However, you can take hardware that has already had Windows 7 installed and activated on it and clean install Windows 10 on it now and have it activate (no upgrade needed first). So buying a Windows 7 key you have to install Windows 7 first, activate it, then you can clean install Windows 10. If you buy a Windows 10 key you can just clean install Windows 10. Some people will pay for that convenience.

I'll be hitting up new2019 for some keys in a few days as I'm building two new boxes myself.

Yes and no. AFAIK, you can't take fresh brand new hardware and clean install Windows 10 on it with a Windows 7 key and have it activate.

Yep, you can. I have done that recently on 4 or 5 client builds and two World Community Grid cruncher systems.

I have also used one of New's keys as well as another persons keys without any issues.

Yep, you can. I have done that recently on 4 or 5 client builds and two World Community Grid cruncher systems.

I have also used one of New's keys as well as another persons keys without any issues.

Cool, thanks for the info.

I don't necessarily need one right now, but the prices on these Windows keys are awesome.

Question I have is - I could/should be able to use one of the few Windows (7 Home) disc's to install and use a key you provide, correct?

Why spend the extra for win 10 retail when win 7 pro can be upgraded?

Unless they changed it and I didn't see, your upgrade version of windows to 10 won't be retail. It's locked to that hardware so you can't reuse the key if you do a mobo&cpu upgrade. Fully win10 retail isn't limited that way.

All pm's replied.
If I didn't reply to your pm please resend me a new one.
Thanks

Pm sent.
Ttt
**Note: Windows 7 pro can be used to activate fresh Windows 10 pro install but you cannot switch that key to a different PC or make hardware changes(replacing mobo). But with a Windows 10 Pro key you can switch PC's also do hardware changes, you won't have a problem.**
^^This is same for any Windows 7 pro key.

Last edited:
ttt for a great seller. PM'd yesterday morning and paid some time in the afternoon. Had my key last night and was able to install immediately.

Positive heat left.

I may be grabbing another in the near future.

Hey, you sent me an empty PM without my Office 2016 key. FYI - you can send me another PM with the office key. Thanks.

Sent a pm now.

Any Windows 7 Pro key can be used to do fresh Windows 10 pro install, but you cannot switch hardware.
This is common for any Windows 7 pro key on the market so buy with caution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back