FS: Western Digital WD TV HD 1st Generation Media Player - $25

zombielando

Limp Gawd
Before I CL it I figured I'd ask anyone here if they wanted it for $25 shipped. It works great, comes with the WD TV HD Media Player unit itself plus the power supply and remote. It has the official firmware on it (version 1.03.01). Third-party firmware exists (WDLXTV) that lets you have a lot of fun with this device. The only negative is I'm pretty sure 2TB drives are the max it can see when using a drive hooked up to one of its USB ports. Anyways, for $25 shipped it's yours. Just shoot me a PM if you're interest. Thanks!

My heatware is zombielando.

Just wanted to say that the WD HD player is fantastic. It can play any 1080p file I threw at it, and this was 4 years ago..

I took it on vacation and connected it to the TV in my hotel. Very convenient.

Definitely a steal for $25, though I already have 2 :)

Just wanted to say that the WD HD player is fantastic. It can play any 1080p file I threw at it, and this was 4 years ago..

I took it on vacation and connected it to the TV in my hotel. Very convenient.

Definitely a steal for $25, though I already have 2 :)

I love how simple it is to use. Just hook up an external hard drive to it or flash drive and you are able to play any file in just a second. It's so fast (which is crazy considering its age). It'd be great for older person as well since there isn't anything you have to configure.

I switched to raspberry pi since it was more feature rich but with that you have to "work" to get it configured the way you want lol.

Do you still have it? I have three myself but could always use another spare.

Back