FS/T: 2P G34 combo, 2P 1366 Combo, C32 CPUs, GTS 250s, and more.

NobleX13

Supreme [H]ardness
Well, the time has come to be more responsible with my finances, and as a result, I have decided to let go of some gear in the name of progress. Prices listed are for team 33 members only, although I do make exceptions for those looking to join the team.

Badge:

For Sale:

2P G34 Combo
Originally purchased from DSee, this combo includes:

Tyan S8230GM4NR Motherboard, with all accessories.
2x Opteron 6128 G34 2.0GHz CPUs (one CPU is of the rare HE variety!) :eek:
2x Thermaltake CLS0015 with upgraded fans
8x2 GB G-Skill Ripjaws X DDR3-1333 CLS 7 1.5V
2x 4-pin to 8-pin EPS Power Adapters, perfect for running with a regular PSU.

See original thread by DSee here for PPD information: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1645721

$815 Shipped SOLD

2P LGA 1366 Combo

Ran for a few months in a rackmount case, this bundle includes:

2x Intel Xeon E5506 Quad-core CPUs (PM for details)
1x ASUS Z8NA-D6C ATX Dual LGA 1366 motherboard
2x Dynatron LGA 1366 Xeon HSF

$385 shipped

2x AMD Opteron 4130 C32 CPUs

Traded with DSee for these CPUs, but haven't had a chance to track down a suitable motherboard. As such, I'm letting these go cheap.

$75 for the pair!

2x XFX GTS 250 GPUs

These cards were used briefly in my spare LAN rig. They work flawlessly, but no accessories are included.

$65 for the pair SOLD

Trades:

Looking for partial trades for the following items:

• P67/Z68 LGA 1155 Intel Motherboard
  • Electric Torque Wrench
  • Set of 225/60/R15 tires with good tread
  • Tilt/swivel LCD TV Wall Mount (must support 32" display)
  • Land/property rights :D

Last edited:
any interest in a trade for an ASUS 990X + FX 8120 combo?

so for you to be responsible, We (namely folders like me) need to be irresponsible

i like your thought process :D

Just gonna put this here, you gotta put your badge with the post to sell here (your folding badge)

Other than that, I'm very tempted but I gotta refrain, don't have the money to run my current farm but theres some good tech there. Also, what are the C32 chips? Might help to put their info here

Good luck!

read post 1, hardfolding is having issues, he linked to his hardfolding profile until the badge will work. at least that's what i can tell.

Just gonna put this here, you gotta put your badge with the post to sell here (your folding badge)

Other than that, I'm very tempted but I gotta refrain, don't have the money to run my current farm but theres some good tech there. Also, what are the C32 chips? Might help to put their info here

Good luck!

Fixed badge and C32 CPU information.

As for your trade, Jebo, I will have to respectfully decline at this time.

Do note that selling this off now means that when I buy a house in about one year, I will come back bigger than ever. :) I will keep folding on my remaining rigs, don't you worry.

2P LGA 1366 Combo

Ran for a few months in a rackmount case, this bundle includes:

2x Intel Xeon E5506 Quad-core CPUs (PM for details)
1x ASUS Z8NA-D6C ATX Dual LGA 1366 motherboard
2x Dynatron LGA 1366 Xeon HSF

$385 shipped

BEYOND tempting.

225/60R15?? What an oddball size. Old BMW?

2001 Oldsmobile Alero with 15" rims... :) Mine originally came with 16" low-profile rims, but they are terrible at getting around in the snow.

G34 combo and GTS 250s pending. Thanks guys!

Now taking offers and other trades on the 2P 1366 rig. Let's move this by tomorrow, shall we?

any idea on PPD with the 1366 rig?

When I was awaiting my hex cores i had a single 5506 in one of my boards, it was only getting about 5k PPD but that was under windows, dual CPU's and linux would push that to about 15-20k. You have to remember that this is a low speed quad with no HT

But the upgradeability factor on it CPU wise is excellent. Anything upto a x5675 will work with the latest bios.

Just for kicks, I will rebuild this rig, install linux and associated tweaks, and see what I can get out of this machine. I don't honestly remember what kind of PPD I was getting on it.

When I was awaiting my hex cores i had a single 5506 in one of my boards, it was only getting about 5k PPD but that was under windows, dual CPU's and linux would push that to about 15-20k. You have to remember that this is a low speed quad with no HT

But the upgradeability factor on it CPU wise is excellent. Anything upto a x5675 will work with the latest bios.

That is seriously horrible... My phenom at 2.4Ghz on windows was nearly that much (5K PPD). something had to have been wrong with that.

That is seriously horrible... My phenom at 2.4Ghz on windows was nearly that much (5K PPD). something had to have been wrong with that.

Its quad core at 2.13Ghz and no HT so you can't expect miracles, however given the thread about the L5640's it does have possibilities:cool:

Noble, I hate to be a cheap twat but are you willing to budge at all on those C32's? I paid less recently for a pair of 4184's (6-core @ 2.8 GHz). I'm interested but.. you know..

Noble, I hate to be a cheap twat but are you willing to budge at all on those C32's? I paid less recently for a pair of 4184's (6-core @ 2.8 GHz). I'm interested but.. you know..

Got any interesting trades? I will trade those for just about any other gear... A GPU, CPU of a different socket, ammunition, etc. Surprise me.

Got any interesting trades? I will trade those for just about any other gear... A GPU, CPU of a different socket, ammunition, etc. Surprise me.

You take ammo? Wish you lived close by. We could deal.

Hi Interested in the Xeon bundle and the 2 Opterons. Offer asking and will pay shipping. Verified paypal etc...

I'm based in Dublin, Ireland, and have yet to Fold for the [H]orde. You may not want to ship internationally - if not - no problem at all.

http://www.beerology.com/view.cfm?search=pnolan&id=2596 (mostly US transactions on Arstechnica - Agora).

Local references:

http://www.adverts.ie/myadverts/48307/feedback/positive

I'm well experienced with the risks of international shipping, particularly for things like motherboards - don't want a warranty and don't worry if anything is DOA.

For references I've been talking to people (Tobit, TJ, musky, patriot etcc, in IRC (Nick:Section) to get advice to get a decent rig built. Guaranteed these will fold for the Horde.

If you go ahead, would appreciate if other members would keep an eye out for a board for those optys.

Good luck with the new house!

Last edited:
Back