FS: Supermicro Atom based 1U server/firewall appliance

VanFanel89

2[H]4U
Heyo!

As title states, I have a Supermicro Atom based 1U box (no rails) that has served me as an excellent pfSense firewall or that can be used as light-use server (PBX, cacti/nagio, etc) server.

Specs:
  • Supermicro CSE-502L chassis with PWS-203-1H 80 Gold PSU (it's practically silent!)
  • Supermicro MBD-X7SPE-H-D525-O dual core Atom board; specs can be found here.
  • Either 2x1GB or 2x2GB of DDR3 RAM - pretty sure it's the latter but I already packed the box and forgot to check.
  • Velcro strips inside the chassis for fans! I used 40mm Noctua fans with the low-speed resistor to make it virtually silent and move good amount of air. Fans not included.

Also, if you'd like to use a 2.5" drive as opposed to a 3.5" (which bolts straight to the chassis), you'd need a Supermicro MCP-220-00044-0N adapter which can be had for under 10 bucks.

As stated - this box was my pfSense server for eons; total downtime of about 3 days when I moved, swapped the PSU and installed the fans. Other than that, it is rock solid. You'll get max 500 mbit up/down and probably around 100 using OpenVPN though I am not certain.

It's packed and ready to ship. Asking for $115 shipped using FedEx Ground or local pickup available for $100 in the east and south SF Bay Area.

Heatware under mcfuzzum.

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
Back