FS: Sophos Network Firewall Appliance SG-230, SG-125 x2

blackbeaSSt

2[H]4U
pulled from working environments. drives nuked and returned to factory specs.

230- $200 $100 shipped
125- $130 $75 each shipped

**Please note that I know nothing about how Sophos will or will not license these things. You would need to contact them for all the details. Selling AS-IS**

273678AD-B4CC-4D9E-B996-69F0ED8E67F8.jpeg
40FA1BC7-8B9C-4884-91DA-6B422997C92E.jpeg
78462E8E-9338-4D90-81C5-51E49E80D974.jpeg
ECD7B11E-668B-4EB2-9D26-6ED132E3224F.jpeg
F1E976CE-A6A2-4153-A4A6-42ADA658A462.jpeg
991B1882-C12A-40BB-89C3-1A5891B442E2.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm familiar with SMB routers as well as watchguard products. How hard would it be for me to configure vpn tunnels and multi-wan on the SG-230? Also, would there be any licensing requirements to use these features? Thank you in advance for any answers. Our Watchguard M200 is starting to have some hardware problems so I've been looking for replacements.

I'm familiar with SMB routers as well as watchguard products. How hard would it be for me to configure vpn tunnels and multi-wan on the SG-230? Also, would there be any licensing requirements to use these features? Thank you in advance for any answers. Our Watchguard M200 is starting to have some hardware problems so I've been looking for replacements.

I’m gonna be honest, these were inherited from a merged business and we as the parent company didn’t/don’t use them. So we know next to nothing about them.

Maybe someone can chime in so we’re both made aware. I don’t want to sell something that will just become a doorstop to others!

Here's what I learned about these that may be helpful to others:
With the Sophos product it's all done by licenses. So I suspect you'd lose a lot of features. It might still function as a basic router/firewall. You also won't be able to receive any updates.
You have to get licenses for it to work. Subscriptions are Network, Web Filtering, Web Server, Email, and some more.

I don't want to intrude, however, I think these boxes will be somewhat limited to personal use. My understanding is that Sophos will license personal use boxes, but will not license third-party purchased boxes for enterprise use.

If anyone wants me to remove this comment, PM me and I will, but it's information I think is useful to have. These are decent for home use, however. Very adequate.

I don't want to intrude, however, I think these boxes will be somewhat limited to personal use. My understanding is that Sophos will license personal use boxes, but will not license third-party purchased boxes for enterprise use.

If anyone wants me to remove this comment, PM me and I will, but it's information I think is useful to have. These are decent for home use, however. Very adequate.

these were used in a business environment. not sure to the extent, but they were used outside of home use.

also, boss wants these gone bump. prices lowered.

Back