FS: Seasonic 760XP2 PSU NIB $120 shipped

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyler-Durden

2[H]4U
I was going to use this brand new Seasonic 760XP2 power supply in a second build, but decided to get a laptop, instead. I never even took it out of the box. Too late to return it to Newegg, so here it is. I did cut out the bar code to get the $20 rebate.

$120.00 includes UPS ground shipping.

PM for any questions, PayPal info.

My eBay feedback is at thor7763, 100%, 586 transactions. I've never used Heatware.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Nice PSU.....Would jump on it if I were in the market

I'm curious about the directional nameplate on the back...
I read a review on Amazon that confused me. It was for the 860Watt version of this same series PSU but the review complained that there was a subscript 2 on the model number and that that version could not be installed "fan down".
I checked Seasonic website couldn't find anything specific on this, though it is clear there are 2 model numbers one with a 1 and another with a 2 in subscript just after the model number. I believe it was the case for all of the Platinum series accept the 1000... so I grabbed the 1000--I like the fan down design.

On the 1000 there is no name plate on the rear of the unit. And the documentation/stickers on the sides are clearly oriented for either fan down or fan up operation. The documentation on these PSUs is pretty sparse. I think they are fantastic but the fan orientation is an issue I would definitely want cleared up.

The truth is this is probably a more applicable PSU for my setup and I wish I'd got either this one or the 860 *if* they could run fan down.

Amazon decided to royally mess up my order and ended up giving me a sick discount on the 1000W unit, 175 shipped.

Doubt it was the 760. I bought mine from a Newegg sale last month. $120 after a $40 discount and $20 MIR. Newegg has it at $175, right now. I've see the 660 for $100 after discount+MIR, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I mean, I was genuinely confused about this product line. If it hadn't been a weekend and me in a hurry and impulsive etc, I would have called Seasonic to inquire further.

I find it hard to believe they would design a modern PSU that "shouldn't" or "couldn't" be installed fan down. The more I think about it I bet the Amazon review was just wrong about that, but still wondering anyway--he seemed really mad about getting the 2 version instead of the 1. Something else about differences in the amount of certain cables. Not enough Molex or something silly.

It wouldn't bother me if the sticker on the side was upside down, I'm just wondering if there was some reason this PSU might be harmed by orienting it fan down. Again, it's the weekend. I'll call Seasonic on Monday. You can't believe Amazon/Newegg reviews without verifying.

Edit: Just noticed there was a rotational view photo of this PSU on Newegg and the sticker on the opposite side is clearly oriented for "fan down" operation. It also clearly shows on the label the designation as model v2. So there you go-normal badass Seasonic PSU, wish I had got this instead and I don't think 120 is too much to ask if Newegg wants 145+shipping+tax. Also-Amazon reviewers suck. I should be getting free shit from Vine and writing reviews.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back