FS: Razer Core X Chroma eGPU w/ CM Active 40Gbps TB3 6' Cable

ziggo0

Black Mesa Download Gawd
Got this about a year ago due to downsizing/moving but still wanting to play some games. Used a RTX 2070 Super inside of it for a few months till I got settled in at the new place with more space. Bought a Cable Matters Active 40Gbps Thunderbolt 3 6.6' Cable since the factory one is way too short and like the eGPU community has discovered - non active cables seem to suffer from disconnects/dropouts. This one has served me well with my Yoga 920. Both the enclosure and the cable are in superb condition, 2 small scratches on the bottom of the case.

Pictures/Timestamp

Razer Core X Chroma w/ CM Active 40Gbps TB3 6' Cable - $380.00 USD SHIPPED to the Lower 48 States/Con US

Some notes:
* Yes the 6' cable is included, no I will not separate it.
* I have experienced **NO** hardware issues with the 4 USB ports or the Ethernet port.

Heatware +88 flawless trades

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Note that the Core X Chroma has the USB and ethernet ports like the Razer Core v1/v2. The standatd Core X lacked those and was only for video. A+ for confusion for the marketing team.

This is like a dock that you can jam a really nice video card into. I wish I had a full speed thunderbolt 3 laptop to use this with. Check egpu.io for laptop info. Some will actually let you get the GPU benefits on the laptop screen without needing an external display.

And the active TB cable is a nice bonus. Full speed TB3 cables limited to 1.5 feet or something silly like that.

Good luck!

Note that the Core X Chroma has the USB and ethernet ports like the Razer Core v1/v2. The standatd Core X lacked those and was only for video. A+ for confusion for the marketing team.

This is like a dock that you can jam a really nice video card into. I wish I had a full speed thunderbolt 3 laptop to use this with. Check egpu.io for laptop info. Some will actually let you get the GPU benefits on the laptop screen without needing an external display.

And the active TB cable is a nice bonus. Full speed TB3 cables limited to 1.5 feet or something silly like that.

Good luck!

Thanks for that clarification and the bump! I planned to eventually use this at the wife's desk for her laptop but she doesn't really have a use for a dedicated GPU.

Back