FS: RARE Sony Vaio VGN-AW170Y 18.4" Adobe RGB LED/ C2D 2.9GHz/ 500GB/ 8GB - $499 (Or Best Offer)

Hulk

Supreme [H]ardness
This laptop works perfectly and is EXTREMELY FAST!! Physically, it does have a considerable amount of surface wear (mostly on the outside) but nothing that stands out too much. The outer brushed metal layer of the power jack housing is missing and the chrome plastic end cap has minor cosmetic damage. The rubberized palmrest has some shiny spots and slight discoloration from use. The keyboard is BRAND NEW and was just installed a couple days ago!

The HUGE 18.4" screen is the brightest and most vibrant I've ever seen on a laptop! For some reason, the backlight is casting a faint alternating green and red hue along the bottom edge of the screen but it does not detract from the screen quality or usability. Two genuine Sony power adapters and battery are included but the battery will probably need to be replaced due to it's age.This laptop comes with Windows 7 installed and is ready for immediate use!

This particular AW has one of the highest configurations that Sony offered; featuring a very powerful 2.9GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, 8GB RAM, a FAST 500GB, 7200RPM hard drive, dedicated NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT graphics card (512MB), BLU-RAY Player/ Burner, and the absolutely STUNNING 18.4" matte Adobe RGB LED FullHD Display (1920x1080)!

This model was aimed at professional photographers and graphic designers who required a high level of color accuracy and detail. In addition to those impressive specs, this laptop also has top-notch build quality, amazing built-in speakers AND subwoofer, and the most comfortable full-size keyboard on any laptop I've used.

It's an awesome laptop for graphics work, watching Blu-Ray movies, streaming videos, listening to music, browsing the internet, light gaming and just about anything you'd want a computer for. And for being as large as it is, it is surprisingly slim and portable. I have not found any other 18-19" laptop that can compete with the AW and I recommend them to anyone who likes larger laptops.

This laptop works perfectly and is EXTREMELY FAST!! Physically, it does have a considerable amount of surface wear (mostly on the outside) but nothing that stands out too much. The lid cover has many light scuffs and scratches, some peeling along the top edge, and some nicks in the chrome plastic edge trim. The rubberized palmrest has some shiny spots and slight discoloration from use. The keyboard is BRAND NEW and was just installed a couple days ago! The HUGE 18.4" screen is the brightest and most vibrant I've ever seen on a laptop!

For some reason, the backlight is casting a faint alternating green and red hue along the bottom edge of the screen. As you can see in the photos, this is really only visible on white screens and in the time I've been using it, it has not bothered me at all. Two genuine Sony power adapters and battery are included but the battery will probably need to be replaced due to it's age.

This laptop runs Half Life 2 maxed out. Also runs such games as: StarCraft 2, Diablo III, Call of Duty (the very first ones), Max Payne 2, Command and Conquer, and Portal at very nice frame rates.

This laptop comes with a FULLY-UPDATED installation of Windows 7 Ultimate, Microsoft Office, Adobe Photoshop CS6 and Google Chrome. It's ready for immediate use!

The AWs in general have become extremely difficult to find so don't miss out if you've been looking for one! Original price was over $3,000.

View attachment 62193

View attachment 62194

View attachment 62195

View attachment 62196

View attachment 62197

View attachment 62198

View attachment 62200

View attachment 62201

View attachment 62202

View attachment 62203

View attachment 62204

I am also putting this up on EBAY.

EBAY sometimes has 20% off coupon so you can get this for $400 with the coupon!

I'm selling this on ebay as well, use coupon code playful15 for 15% off.

$425 with coupon.

I *think* i still have a shell for one of these with a perfectly functioning LCD..I could dig around and find out.

Back