FS: Pyle 40 Amp Power Supply

madFive

metal[H]ead
Camera Lens Sold - Power Supply still available.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pyle PSL522X – 40 Amp Power Supply. $120 plus shipping. Use PayPal.

This thing is heavy, so shipping won’t be cheap – guessing $30-60 from Atlanta to wherever you are. I’ll give you a total quote before we complete the transaction.

SalesItems-0.JPG

SalesItems-1.JPG

94460_SalesItems-2.jpg

94461_SalesItems-3.jpg

Note that this is NOT a PC PSU – it’s a rack-mountable high-output electronic component for home theater rigs and short-wave radio hobbyists.

I bought this thing a few years ago to power a 1200w sub-woofer rig for my home theater setup. Worked like a champ, I don’t think I came anywhere close to really stressing this thing. Puts out the juice no problem – my DC sub amp died so now I have no use for this. I’m not a big electronics guru, so I’m not really sure what other applications this thing would have, but I’m sure plenty of [H]’ers have good uses for it.

Only down-side is the thing is a bit loud – makes some rattling/buzzing noises that I found irritating alongside my home theater setup. I added some padding along the insides of any metal-contact points to dampen the sound. I also changed out the cooling fan and added a fan controller. Heavy steel case and very solid internal components – this thing should last for quite a while. Original box and packaging included. I don't have the manual anymore, but I'm sure it's online somewhere.

PM for offers and shipping estimates. I’m not an electronics expert, so probably won’t know any technical details besides what’s printed on the box.

Here it is with the guts showing. Note that I added all of the little bumpers for noise dampening.
SalesItems-5.JPG

The back fan bearing started whining a while ago, so I changed out the fan. Had to clip the existing connection wires, and added in a molex connector for easier fan changes in the future. I also added a fan controller in case it needed any adjustment. It's worked fine for years after this installation, so no issues there.
SalesItems-6.jpg

Last edited:
Edit - Camera Lens Sold. Power Supply is still available.

Attachments

• SalesItems-2.JPG
    SalesItems-2.JPG
    227.1 KB · Views: 18
  • SalesItems-3.jpg
    SalesItems-3.jpg
    347.2 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
iS the lens a DX or FX mount?

FX. Think the design of this lens actually pre-dates the DX format entirely. I've been using it on my D750 with great results, but just don't use it enough any more to keep it around.

It will of course still mount and function on a DX crop-frame body (equivalent of 300mm focal-length) but I'm not sure it will auto-focus on a body with no internal motor. May or may-not be an issue depending on your manual-focusing skill and macro methods.

Ugh, not sure whether to keep adding more lenses, or make the transition to mirrorless. Great deal.

Hey, with the right mount it'll still work just fine on a mirror-less rig. Just sayin'. ;)

This thing has one of the smoothest most-precise manual focusing systems of any DSLR lens ever built. I imagine it'd be a dream to use on one of those new mirror-less bodies with the zebra-stripe focus-checking option. That's one feature I really wish they'd included on the D750, but I guess I'll have to wait 'till my next body upgrade for that.

You good sir are making it hard for me to switch to mirrorless! Was thinking of the sony A7riii over the D850!

You good sir are making it hard for me to switch to mirrorless! Was thinking of the sony A7riii over the D850!

Why limit yourself! :D

You can totally use this lens on a Sony body.
https://smile.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=sony+nikon+adapter
Seriously, this lens was made for manual focus. Just add the adapter, and it'll be amazing on a mirrorless setup.

(I'm not sure which adapter goes between this lens and an A7RIII, but one of those has to do the trick. Sony seems to be good about letting you use off-brand lenses, and this off-brand lens is one of the best ever)

Bumping again. Will take best offer on that power supply, I mostly just want to get it out of the way.

Bumping again! Great gift options for the photo or electronic enthusiasts! :cool:

Necro bump! Hope this isn't some kind of rules violation.

Last chance to pick up this macro lens for a great price before I decide to just keep it. :cool:

The power supply is still up for grabs too. Will accept best offer on that thing.

Bump. Lens sold, but the power supply is still available. PM me if interested.

Back