FS...Opteron 6172/6176/Asus KGPE-D16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm selling my Asus/Opteron 24 core combo to upgrade to a 4P system.

CPU's.

12 core Opteron 6172 (2.1GHz) and 12 core Opteron 6176 (2.3Ghz)

Mobo

Asus KGPE-D16
http://ca.asus.com/en/Server_Workstation/Server_Motherboards/KGPED16/
Just the motherboard, no accessories or I/O shield.

Memory

16GB G.Skill DDR3 1600Mhz CL 9-9-9

$800

Payment via Paypal.

Last edited:
Bump for you...running an identical MB with 6168's. Would take it off your hands if I had the extra $$$.

GLWS

If someone is looking for a 2P G34 board, look no further. The KGPE-D16 is a very friendly, very smooth board. You won't be disappointed.

Last edited:
Are you able to complete 8101's before the deadline with this rig?

Are you able to complete 8101's before the deadline with this rig?

Absolutely, David. I run this same setup and I have no issues at all with 8101's. Depending on the run, my TPF's on them seems to be about 31 minutes or so with 6168 CPUs, so this will be even faster since his lowest CPU is a 6172. ;)

Robert

Wait for it..... I am pretty sure tear is looking into this board.

Yes, that was what I understood as well. I've not heard a lot over the past couple of months, does anyone have any undates on this? Hint, hint Tear.....;)? Anything?

Robert

Hmmmm,

Any idea on the power draw?

I'll have to check my Kill-A-Watt again, but I ws thinking that the power draw was only 280 watts or so running full tilt on 24 cores. Or maybe it was 180 watts.....? Been so long since I've looked at it, cause it just runs flawlessly and I never have to do anything with it. I'll have to check once I get home and report back on the power draw.

Hmmmm,

Any idea on the power draw?

I have this board with 2x 6272 and it take about 320W. You need a good PSU with 2x8pin EPS. It was running with 650W 80+ gold PSU, but I use a splitter for 8pin EPS, and that sometimes overheat and power protection kick in.
Good price for this combo anyway, if I did not have to pay my car tax today (almost $500) I probably get this deal.

I have this board with 2x 6272 and it take about 320W. You need a good PSU with 2x8pin EPS. It was running with 650W 80+ gold PSU, but I use a splitter for 8pin EPS, and that sometimes overheat and power protection kick in.
Good price for this combo anyway, if I did not have to pay my car tax today (almost $500) I probably get this deal.

Yep, I just got back from the house and my 2x 6168's are pulling 304 - 315 watts at the plug. Thats with 9x 120mm LED fans running full tilt included. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back