FS: OnePlus One - 64GB - Sandstone Black Invite

pc1x1

[H]ard|Gawd
Auctions are for the invite only, they expire in 6 days from today, and apparently you have 24 hours to claim your intention to buy the phone. I will send code as soon as payment is received.

Funds will be used for purchasing a GeForce 880 GTX when it comes out, it will go to a good cause.

Since it's a digital code, No returns,

Thanks! :D

OnePlus One - 64GB - Sandstone Black
http://www.ebay.com/itm/281406646197?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281406647747?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281406648290?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Thank you,

heat: pc1x1
ebay: 100%

Any questions or concerns, please let me know.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
You're selling "INVITES" to buy a cheap Chinese phone?

That's slightly disgraceful.

btw: you may want to read EBAY's Terms of Service, you're in breach...

You're selling "INVITES" to buy a cheap Chinese phone?

That's slightly disgraceful.

btw: you may want to read EBAY's Terms of Service, you're in breach...

It's a limited commodity that's transferable. Your entitled to your opinion, but I honestly don't understand what's the problem. Some people want the chance, and they can vote with their wallet.

As far as EBAY's TOS, afaik its fine, and many people have sold there, including other members here, if its in violation, it will be deleted, or I will remove it if it comes to my attention something is done improperly.

I've had several of the high end phones on the market and the Oneplus One is a phenominal product for the price. The best I have had.

The invites are going for average 90 dollars. I have no problem with you selling them, but I highly doubt anyone bites at that price when other sellers are selling them for below 100.

It's a limited commodity that's transferable. Your entitled to your opinion, but I honestly don't understand what's the problem. Some people want the chance, and they can vote with their wallet.

As far as EBAY's TOS, afaik its fine, and many people have sold there, including other members here, if its in violation, it will be deleted, or I will remove it if it comes to my attention something is done improperly.

Thing is, selling them goes against what they want people to do. Ask around the OnePlus forums and see what sort of response you get both from normal members and the mods there.

Also, why shell out what your asking for an invite, and then another $350 for the phone? For that much I can buy a flagship Android phone with similar specs from a well known brand.

The whole point of the OnePlus is how cheap it is for what you get. Paying for the invites pretty much removes the biggest plus there is to the phone.

I'm sure you'll find some suckers/idiots though. Always plenty of them to go around.

The invites are going for average 90 dollars. I have no problem with you selling them, but I highly doubt anyone bites at that price when other sellers are selling them for below 100.

I am expecting for them to sell at $50, anything above is bonus.

Thing is, selling them goes against what they want people to do. Ask around the OnePlus forums and see what sort of response you get both from normal members and the mods there.

Also, why shell out what your asking for an invite, and then another $350 for the phone? For that much I can buy a flagship Android phone with similar specs from a well known brand.

The whole point of the OnePlus is how cheap it is for what you get. Paying for the invites pretty much removes the biggest plus there is to the phone.

I'm sure you'll find some suckers/idiots though. Always plenty of them to go around.

I look at more as it's in rarity. Its the same thing when the PS3 launched, and people paid over $1000, to be first to own. I found it absurd myself, but like you mentioned this what a free market generates. I never been one to capitalize in these trends, and could made money but since there's alot of hype, and I asked around and friends, family didn't have a use for it, and I can't buy 4 phones, figured I might as well mitigate my cost. It's still a good deal at $400, though and has the unique factor of being a unicorn phone.

Ps. We all knew this would happen, and so did OnePlus, they leave it to generate hype, and headlines, etc, including our discussion is marketing for the phone. If they don't want this to happen, they would have done this differently.

Who cares what the company wants people to do, if they cared they should have raised the price to make the invites worthless. These new companies with stupid senseless business models invite abuse. And if anyone else thinks its worth paying more for an invite that raises the price of the phone that is their issue. That person is also likely a flipper anyway. Sooner or later the hype will come down.

anyhow lol a fool and his money are soon parted, I see one ending right now for $400 which puts the price of invite plus phone over the top end phones available. Don't like it don't bid. Actually commenting on how you don't like people scalping invites just generates more interest.

Who cares what the company wants people to do, if they cared they should have raised the price to make the invites worthless. These new companies with stupid senseless business models invite abuse. And if anyone else thinks its worth paying more for an invite that raises the price of the phone that is their issue. That person is also likely a flipper anyway. Sooner or later the hype will come down.

anyhow lol a fool and his money are soon parted, I see one ending right now for $400 which puts the price of invite plus phone over the top end phones available. Don't like it don't bid. Actually commenting on how you don't like people scalping invites just generates more interest.

I like you, it's basically my second comment expanded.

Back in the day, I had the same ethical issue with Dell Coupons. Do you guys remember when it actually made sense to buy Dell % off coupons from ebay? I could have saved money when I bought my 30in, if I had done that. I got close to the price with the coupon discount because I bothered their business branch, on how absurd it was that home had more coupons on it and forced an override. But I'd still save money had I bought from home including cost of coupon. I didn't based on principle, but the system itself was set against me. That was my lesson, that even though it's pretty absurd, people sell coupons, invites, information etc, and what's worse sometimes it makes sense to buy them.

I could be wrong but doesn't paypal / ebay require a tracking number to win a dispute? I wonder how many of these are getting bought, disputed, and flipped again lol.

As someone that has been trying to get hold of an invite, I hope none of these sell.

I can't even get one invite, how are all these other people getting 3, 4, 5 invites to sell? Geez....
Its luck of the draw unfortunately.

This thread makes me sick, such a blatant misuse of the invite system
In which way? If your miffed that people have something you don't have? Its common, and like others posted, expected. You'd likely do the same if you had the same circumstances.

I could be wrong but doesn't paypal / ebay require a tracking number to win a dispute? I wonder how many of these are getting bought, disputed, and flipped again lol.
Not sure, hopefully that doesn't happen.

As someone that has been trying to get hold of an invite, I hope none of these sell.
I feel for you in regards you'd like one and don't have. However wishing crap on people, because you don't have something, is really immature. Do you do the same on people that have more expensive cars than yourself? Possibly you should rethink your values. I totally get being frustrated, but wishing they don't sell on some misguided sense of principle is pretty crappy. Your welcome to vote with your wallet, but welcome to free market, and capitalism.

With that said, please continue bumping my thread guys :), publicity, good or bad is fine. This is my first time selling some intangible such as this, normally I am on the camp that its pretty absurd, but its interesting being on the other side. And like I said, it is a commodity, people see value, totally is if your american capitalism at its finest. I earned the invites, I am free to do as I please with them. Just like anyone is with their property digital or otherwise.

daaaaamn, a shit ton of haters here lol....free bump for you.....

daaaaamn, a shit ton of haters here lol....free bump for you.....
Lol, thanks, I get their point of view, but I think if they take their emotions mostly due to the fact they don't have the invites. They would see how silly it is to be mad.

Paypal you $30 bucks right now for one of them. Thanks!
It's tempting, I am going to let them cook a little further, but if no one bites, I don't mind losing a little cash for a [H] member. If you get to 50ish, which is my reserve, I could be more flexible :).

How about we meet in the middle at 40 bucks? Don't see it as losing cash, see it as gaining $40 you didn't have moments ago! :D Just tell me where to send the funds.

All sold and paid for. Mods please close this thread.

Thank you everyone for participating!

Back