FS: OCZ Vertex 120GB SSD

Status
Not open for further replies.

sleepeeg3

Supreme [H]ardness
(SOLD to darkstar757) $300 shipped - New OCZ Vertex 120GB Drive - Fresh from RMA, still in shrink-wrap! Edit: Removed shrink-wrap to confirm drive ships factory-flashed with newest 1.5 firmware.

Decided to take this opportunity to downsize to two smaller drives, so I can run both an SSD in my main PC and laptop. Fantastic drive, but the original ended up with an unfixable firmware corruption, probably due to being one of the first Vertex drives and coming with an early firmware. This replacement features 34nm flash and includes the latest firmware, which includes TRIM support & garbage collection.

(SOLD) $175 shipped - Retail boxed ASUS Rampage II Gene - Comes with all accessories, except the 3DMark06 registration key (already used). The board itself is a new replacement.

Shipping is within the US using FedEx Home Delivery and parts are sold As-Is.

Last edited:
i had an original vertex go bad, yes they ship the same model back. They don't upgrade to a turbo or LE series and yes they are coming with 1.5 from the factory. RyderOCZ on the forums confirmed this for me.

Also, do you have the receipt or anything in case it's ever needed for warranty purposes? looking into getting a 2nd drive.

So did they ship you the same model back or you don't know?
It is the same model, new drive, freshly shrink-wrapped.

u interested in any trades? check sig.
Sorry guys, I am not interested in any trades right now.

Also, do you have the receipt or anything in case it's ever needed for warranty purposes? looking into getting a 2nd drive.
I can definitely provide this. I purchased one of the first drives from Newegg and the price has actually gone UP (before rebate) since I bought it. I'm far from making any money on this, though, at the price I have listed.

sleepeeg3.

You may want to consider opening the drive and checking the firmware that is installed.

If it is the 1.42 installed this I believe is indicative of a newer revision of drive that isn't flashable to 1.5 (at least right now).

If it has 1.4 on it, it is flasheable to 1.5 which means that someone with another 120GB Vertex with FW1.5 could potentially use this in a Raid 0 array and reap the benefits of built in Garbage collection that works in Raid mode.

I don't think it will hurt the value of the drive, it may open you up for a quicker sale if you have the older drive. I know I could potentially have interest if I sell my Vraptors and your drive has 1.4 on it.

Thanks for the advice, Clark. I will try to take a look this weekend. IIRC 1.42 has TRIM and GC and was added back in November. I am not sure what advantage 1.5 adds.

Thanks for the advice, Clark. I will try to take a look this weekend. IIRC 1.42 has TRIM and GC and was added back in November. I am not sure what advantage 1.5 adds.

To be totally honest I am not sure either. Though I do believe I read somewhere that the drive that ships with FW1.42 is a different revision. Different memory chips maybe.

Yes, 1.42+ use smaller nm flash.

Confirmed drive ships with 1.5 firmware.

This kind of seems like a steal.

What's the problem people??? If I had 3 Bills this thing would be gone.

This kind of seems like a steal.

What's the problem people??? If I had 3 Bills this thing would be gone.

This is a good deal, especially for someone that already has 1 120GB drive with FW 1.5 and wants to go Raid 0. OCZ Garbage Collection works in Raid 0 I believe.

I would be on this but I just bought another 160GB Intel G2.

Bump for an excellent price. Man if I get paid before this goes I may just jump on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back