FS: New Dual Operton 240 1U Server - Tyan case and mobo, 4gb ECC, 2x73gb 10k SCSI

Status
Not open for further replies.

cha5e

Limp Gawd
WILL TRADE FOR A PS3, Wii, or XBOX 360 + CASH
ALSO WILLING TO PART OUT FOR OTHER MISC TRADES + CASH

This a LIKE NEW Tyan Transport GX28. The server was used very slightly for some compiling work then reboxed and has been sitting in it's original box. This system comes with everything it came with new: manuals, cords, etc. The Rail Kit is also available.

BAREBONE SYSTEMS OF THIS GO ON EBAY FOR $1,000!! THIS ALREADY HAS 4GB OF RAM, 2X 73GB SCSI DRIVES (OVER $200 A PIECE), DUAL OPERTON 240'S!!

dualoperton.jpg

QUICK SPECS:
Product Description: Tyan Transport GX28 B2881G28U4H
Form Factor: Rack-mountable - 1 U
Dimensions (WxDxH): 17 in x 26.5 in x 1.7 in
Processor: 2x240 AMD Opertons
RAM: 4 GB (installed) / 16 GB (max) - DDR PC2100 ECC Registered SDRAM
Storage Controller: RAID ( Ultra320 SCSI ) ( Adaptec AIC-7902 )
Server Storage Bays: Hot-swap
Hard Drive: 2 x 10k rpm 73gb 80 pin Hot-Swap SCSI Drives
Optical Storage: Slim-form CD-ROM
Graphics Controller: PCI - ATI RAGE XL - 8 MB
Networking: Network adapter - Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet

Manufacturer Description:
Based on the breakthrough 64-bit technology of dual AMD Opteron processors, with the incredible I/O capabilities of HyperTransport, the Tyan Transport GX28 (B2881) gives a wide range of functions while delivering excellent computational performance. Everything you need is built-in: four hot-swap SCSI or SATA drive bays, two PCI-X 133 expansion slots, support for up to 16GB of Registered DDR400 memory, two Gigabit Ethernet ports, and a 400W power supply with PFC. In addition, the Transport GX28 (B2881) also features front USB, smart auto-fan speed control, remote management options, and a slim CD-ROM drive that comes standard.

ADDITONAL SPECS:
http://tyan.com/products/html/gx28b2881_spec.html

This is a VERY sweet setup and I hate to part with it, but I currently have no use for it.

I'm looking for $1,600 OBO + Shipping. *UPDATED PRICE*
I'll let the BAREBONE go for $1000 SHIPPED in the US

MrGuvernment said:
holly shit i wish i had $2k!!!

can we do a payment plan :D

:D

payment plan? SURE!

1500 now, 1500 in a week

then ill ship the server ;)

haha but seriously, i may be interested in partial trades, depending on what people have to offer.

I build very similar systems at my company only with xeons instead of the opty's for different medium to large companies, they make very nice servers.

good luck with the sale!!

yeah this is a very nice system, if i dont sell it, im probably going to end up adding it to my server pool at the local datacenter.

still for sale people! open to partial trades as stated above.

going once!! going twice!!!!!

...... ok, it's still for sale

BUMP!

well, most likely itd be trade+cash. im open to pretty much anything of value. dual core cpus, good memory, laptops, etc. etc.

If you've got something good and you want a awesome server setup, TRY ME. i may accept.

I wish we needed another server at work. I would just love sending a purchase requisition to our purchasing department for an item on the [H]ardForum. :)

I'm surprised this has not sold yet. The parts alone are worth at least $2400-2500 imo. If you can't sell it here you could try over at 2CPU.com. There may be more of a market for a server over there.

yeah, im surprised i havent had more interest in it. i plan on posting some pics of it later today. i just havent felt like unpacking it from its box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back