[H]ard|Gawd
Most important: heat

Payment Methods:
Paypal
USPS Money Order
BTC,ETH,DOGE, ZEC

Other Information:
All items are Guaranteed not to be DOA.
If item is DOA, must be returned within 7 days and refund will be issued.
Will ship items within 24 hours of payment being received, if I am unable I will notify buyer.
Shipping is included unless otherwise stated within the listing via USPS or UPS.
Any purchase above $50 will likely come with signature confirmation.
If multiple items are purchased discounts can be applied to purchase since it saves me shipping costs.

Items for Sale:
Netgate SG-2220 pfsense Security Gateway Appliance
Was purchased on 4/2/2017
It is in great condition, you will get the device, console cable (Macro-USB cable) and power cable. It will be reset back to manufacture settings with the latest pfsense IOS on the device.
Price: $275 shipped
(If doing Crypto, will take the daily average from an agree upon site and do the USD appropriate conversion)

pf1.jpg
pf2.jpg

What type of wan to lan speeds can this handle?

From the sources I have heard it is a good fit for a 1Gbps as it does have two 1Gb Intel NICS for WAN/LAN. This can also change if you run other applications on top such as snort/Suricata.

As for VPN it will greatly vary depending on your VPN connection with OpenVPN it will peg the CPU around 100Mb/s.

I personally used this on a 300/100 and did not have any issues.

Sources:
Throughput
VPN Throughput

From the sources I have heard it is a good fit for a 1Gbps as it does have two 1Gb Intel NICS for WAN/LAN. This can also change if you run other applications on top such as snort/Suricata.

As for VPN it will greatly vary depending on your VPN connection with OpenVPN it will peg the CPU around 100Mb/s.

I personally used this on a 300/100 and did not have any issues.

Sources:
Throughput
VPN Throughput
Thank you for the great information. AT&T is installing fibre and while I don't know if we'll be moving to it, I'm sure our Netgear FVS318N won't be able to run our IPsec tunnels at those speeds. (We have 300/30 right now connected to a 500/50 endpoint).

Thank you for the great information. AT&T is installing fibre and while I don't know if we'll be moving to it, I'm sure our Netgear FVS318N won't be able to run our IPsec tunnels at those speeds. (We have 300/30 right now connected to a 500/50 endpoint).

I just got 1Gb/s synchronous and had to upgrade mine to a mini-itx build with pfsense in order to handle it through an openvpn tunnel, which I may switch to IPsec for better throughput.
If you are looking for speeds above 500Mb/s you will need something similar, as most encryption is single threaded in this higher clock speed is ideal. I have an I3-6100, but I may swap it out for a i3-7350k

I've stayed away from pfsense and the general building of routers because we need enterprise level reliability and dare I say it, rebootability. :D pfsense is definitely a powerhouse though, and can't be ignored for a lot of other uses.

I've stayed away from pfsense and the general building of routers because we need enterprise level reliability and dare I say it, rebootability. :D pfsense is definitely a powerhouse though, and can't be ignored for a lot of other uses.

I built a 4-node pfSense cluster at my last employer that worked great. It replaced an old and unsupported Checkpoint firewall. That is what really made me interested in pfSense. I have absolutely no reservations about using pfSense for a small to medium sized business. I've been running it at home for well over 2 years now without any problems.

I built a 4-node pfSense cluster at my last employer that worked great. It replaced an old and unsupported Checkpoint firewall. That is what really made me interested in pfSense. I have absolutely no reservations about using pfSense for a small to medium sized business. I've been running it at home for well over 2 years now without any problems.
But because most good builds of pfsense run on standard computes with all their potential failure points, it's not something you can just deploy in a 'room full of dummies' and have them fix if something goes wrong. A simple box like what the OP has for sale brings pfsense to the same level of simplicity as a router with a power switch, where if it powers on, there's a good chance it will simply run as intended (no power supply, cpu, memory, nic, etc failures).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back