FS: MSI 1080 Sea Hawk X Hybrid $185 - SOLD

pclausen

Gawd
EDIT: Card has been sold.

I have a MSI 1080 Sea Hawk X for sale for $185 shipped CONUS.

The pump is a little temperamental and will sometimes require a tap on the side to spin up. Once running, it is good to go until the rig is shut down for an extended period of time. It would be a good candidate for slapping a block on it.

Right now it is working fine. Below is pic I took on 11/1 after running Time Spy with 100% stock settings. I have also included screenshots from both Time Spy and Fire Strike. Temp never got above 47.

Heat: https://www.heatware.com/u/105236/to
PayPal for payment (you pay fee or alternatively I pay the fee and you pay shipping)

Last edited:
The 1080Ti has been sold. I dropped the price on the remaining GPUs. The 1080 quite a bit due to the pump issue.

The 1080Ti has been sold. I dropped the price on the remaining GPUs. The 1080 quite a bit due to the pump issue.
What’s wrong with the pump?

Can it be replaced? Can you convert it to air cooler? Any mods we can do with it?

What’s wrong with the pump?

Can it be replaced? Can you convert it to air cooler? Any mods we can do with it?
believe it's just a standard aio cooler but the mounts are different, still asetek style

you can probably move the mounting to another H55 or similar

Yep, it is just a H55, but there are elbows where they exit the block. See below: (btw that's a Sea Hawk 1070 in the pic)

SeaHawk1080.PNG

Per Steve's video linked above, the board is a FE 1080 that MSI build a custom plate for. So any FE 1080 cooling solution should work (air or water block).

I put the 1080 in my test rig and ran both Timespy and Firestrike and temps never got above 47. This is with 100% stock settings. I updated the initial post above to show the test setup and screenshots from both test. So right now the pump is working fine, it is only sometimes that it does not spin up when first powering on the rig.

Last edited:
Back