FS: Asus Arez Strix Vega 56

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halon

Gawd
All sold, conclusively. Locking it up - thanks for reading!

Hello, everybody. It's time for me to divest myself of my spare PC bits, so here we go. The original buyer for my Vega 56 backed out, so I am relisting it here.

Combo: Xeon E5-4640 v1 + x79T motherboard + 32GB (4x8GB) ECC DDR3-1600 - This Sandy Bridge EP eight core Xeon sports hyperthreading, a 95W TDP, quad-channel memory, and an all-core boost speed of 2.5 GHz, with a single core boost to 2.8 GHz. If you're looking for benchmarks, it's identical to an E5-2650 v1 except that the 4640 has a 2.4 GHz base clock versus the 2650's 2.0 base. It's fed by four 8 gig ECC DDR3 DIMMs, and I've verified the ECC is working. The motherboard is one of the recent Chinese-made LGA 2011 models built to take advantage of older Xeons flooding the market, and honestly? I've had zero complaints. It's an unusual but very configurable board, and I've bought worse from the likes of ASRock. Comes with 40 PCIe lanes (not a typo), NVMe support, six SATA ports, two full PCIe x16 connectors, and one PCIe x4 connector (mechanically PCIe x16, only four lanes). I would like $160 shipped for this. Does not come with a cooler, but any LGA 2011 heatsink should be up to the job of cooling it - this chip does not run hot. SOLD to ThreeDee!

Asus Arez Strix Radeon Vega 56 - This runs cool and quiet by Vega standards despite a nice factory overclock. I've never pushed it with an overclock of my own, but it undervolts nicely. This has been a really good card, but I need the space. $210 shipped and it's yours. Note that this card is not small - make sure your case can house it. SOLD to Triolent!

Radeon R9 Sapphire Fury Nitro 4GB HBM - For a 4GB card this thing scoots. Previous seller applied fresh thermal paste; I've verified its stability and temps at length, but it deserves more use than I've given it. Yours for $80 shipped. SOLD to Unhooked!

I take Paypal as payment. Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
Thursday bump! Updated with a price drop, because I want this adorable little funster outta my house!

Friday bump! Feel the sun! Let the hot wind tousle your hair! Then go inside and build a computer around one of these, because at least in Texas it's just too hot after 11 a.m.

It's a beautiful Saturday, and my motherboards are ready to make someone very happy. Bump.

Thursday bump! This Vega 56 runs at nearly the same clock speeds as a Vega 64 right out of the box, and temps never got above 75 Celsius in my experience. Even a Viking could appreciate that kind of performance under pressure! Right, Ragnar?

Ragnar? No, I didn't insult your people, "even a Viking" just meant a people unfamiliar with modern graphics technology! Put down the table, Ragnar, we can talk about th

Last edited:
Got the mobo and RAM ... waiting on Noctua mounting adapters to get it fired up ... :cool:

Reactions: Halon
like this
Bump - my buyer for the Vega 56 backed out, so I am offering it here again. Thanks for looking!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back