FS: Lots of Supermicro gear, Synology NAS, Intel NUC, MSI Cubi, SSDs, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Fox

[H]F Junkie
USPS money orders or Google Wallet preferred as PayPal fees add up. I think my reputation should help: Heatware

Usually ship FedEx at your expense, but small items will go out USPS. Local pickup available in Phoenix. Will ship internationally.

Feel free to send me trade offers as well. Worst I can do is say no. I go through a decent amount of hardware annually, so I always like playing around with new toys.

$1750 - Supermicro 2028TP-HC1R. You get 4 dual 2011-3 hot-swappable nodes in all of 2U. Integrated LSI 3108 SAS3 HBA on each node, plus the CacheVault & SuperCap module for each one ($250 each alone new). Would be ~$5500 new. Has redundant 80+ titanium PSUs, PCIe 3.0 x16 expansion, and more. Fill it up with SAS3 SSDs and go to town with virtualization! I also have a second one that got a little beat up if you want two.

P1420034.jpg
P1420033.jpg

$649 - This is a custom Supermicro SKU (PIO-128R-W-AI031), whose origins I have no clue about. It consists of a SC111TQ-600UB chassis that has been updated for WIO boards and a X10DRW-i motherboard. You also get the AOM-S3108M-H8 12GB SAS RAID HBA and accompanying supercap (BTR-TFM8G-LSICVM02). Air shroud and rails included, but not pictured.

P1040751.jpg

$400 - Sold - Supermicro 6018R-MT - Pretty basic dual 2011-3 barebone, but it's short depth and has an 80+ platinum PSU. Air shroud and rails included, but not pictured.

$299 - Sold -Supermicro A1SRi-2758F. Includes 16GB of DDR3 ECC RAM. Would make for a very powerful firewall or file server and supports Intel QAT. No other accessories included.

$179 each - 2 Available - Seagate 1200 200GB 12Gbit SAS SSD. Brand new with no power on time (only a few minutes to verify with smartctl) and no writes. Still under warranty by Seagate.

P1040747.jpg

$349 - Synology DS415+ NAS. High end 4 bay NAS that's in great shape. Has dual 1GbE NICs, USB3, and can be expanded to 9 bays.

P1070368.jpg
P1070369.jpg

$65 - Sold - Intel NUC DCCP847DYE. This is a basic Intel NUC that includes 2GB of RAM. I used it as a HTPC and it had no problem handling any of my blu-ray rips I threw at it. Maintains low CPU usage even if you convert audio to FLAC. Add a SSD and you're set.

$99 - MSI Cubi. This is the Celeron 3205U model and includes 4GB of RAM. Would also make for a great HTPC and is very low power. Base can be changed out from the slim version to the slightly thicker one to accommodate a 2.5" drive (on top of the SSD).

P1070366.jpg
P1070362.jpg
P1070363.jpg

$80 each - 4 Sold - Seagate Constellation ES.3 4TB enterprise hard drives. In great shape and still under warranty. Have ~9000 power on hours. SMART data can be provided upon request.

$40 each - 2 Sold - Samsung 850 EVO 120GB SSD. Also in perfect working condition. SMART data can be provided upon request.

Last edited:
Bump for great guy that goes way back with me on [H] storage forum.

Is the cubi any good as a plex? Obviously not for transcodes but direct play for multiple streams?

Bump for great guy that goes way back with me on [H] storage forum.
Thanks! Not too many of us left with massive storage setups sadly.
Bump for a great seller.
Hope you make the most of the NUC!
Is the cubi any good as a plex? Obviously not for transcodes but direct play for multiple streams?
It should work quite well for that. I used it as an HTPC myself and since it has hardware video decoding, it had no problem with anything I threw at it (mostly untouched blu-ray rips). The only thing that it cannot do well is 4K 10 bit content, but that's not exactly common (and only done in hardware on Kaby Lake). Send me a PM if you want further clarification.

Bump for a question- that top supermicro 2u im assuming thats barebones? no cpus no ram?

Bump for a question- that top supermicro 2u im assuming thats barebones? no cpus no ram?
That is correct. You do get the 4 CacheVault + Supercap modules as well (since they're not normally included). I had 8 x E5-2680v4 in there, but I parted those out as I figured demand for all of that together wouldn't be too high on account of price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back