FS: IBM 3250M4 Entry Rack Server

DMFD-Minister

Limp Gawd
I have three 2583-EAU 3250M4 1U IBM entry rack servers, never opened sitting on my floor and am looking to sell them.

If you have any questions about what the server is, check out this product guide
IBM System 3250M4 Product Guide

The EAU model comes with the following:

E3-1220
1x2GB DIMM
300W non-redundant power supply
2x1Gbe
Multiburner
IBM 3-Year Limited Warranty

There is space to add 2x3.5" hard drives. For anyone out there thinking you can just pop any old hard drive in there, that would be unsupported by IBM and highly unrecommended. Memory is relatively cheap these days. You can probably pick up 8GB DIMMs for $100/ea. Just like hard drives, you cannot pop just any old memory into this thing. Frankly, if you've never dealt with servers, or at least building your own servers before, I'd prefer you just skip over this thread.

So that's what it is...asking $600 each.

Again, new in box, unopened, fully intact, warrantied by IBM. I don't need to post pictures, all it is as a box with an IBM logo and label on it...but if that's the difference between buying and not, I will happily take pics. The link above should have all the technical information anyone should need on this.

Ebay: 100% +48 and counting
Heat: Just joined

I am looking for directed IO which is not JUST a cpu feature, the chipset used on the board needs to have support for it as well

usually the manufacturer of a system has to specify if it is supported on their hardware and that a compatible cpu is used for it to work

I am looking for directed IO which is not JUST a cpu feature, the chipset used on the board needs to have support for it as well

usually the manufacturer of a system has to specify if it is supported on their hardware and that a compatible cpu is used for it to work

I don't know the answer to that. I'm sure there are plenty of variables and I don't have knowledge THAT deep which it comes to enterprise level systems.

Back