FS: (given away) HP xw6600, 2 x E5440, 32GB, 2TB HD, GT240, Lenovo 190: Celeron 1017U, 4GB

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjcox

2[H]4U
For sale:

$210
HP xw6600 Workstation
2 x E5540
32GB ram
2TB HD
PNY GT240
Bonus: UT2004 (with media)

$80
Lenovo Q190 tiny computer

Celeron 1017U (Ivy Bridge)
4GB
500GB
USB3
card reader
VGA/HDMI
SPDIF
computer stand and TV mount, keyboard, mouse, original box.

Local pick-up only, Frisco or Irving, TX
Paypal preferred, but cash works.

Heatware: cjcox
eBay: endlessnow

q190.jpeg

xw6600-front.jpeg xw6600-rear.jpeg xw6600-inside.jpeg
q190-front-door.jpegq190-rear.jpeg

I also added the Lenovo Q190 to the mix. Also like new. If you wanted something faster than a RPi or even many NUCs out there, and wanted something very very slim... could be just the thing. Has all the ports and unlike an RPi or NUC, has memory and HD.

This machine is very "mint". Non-smoking original owner. This was my primary workstation and it's in excellent shape. Has a lot of headroom. 7127 Passmark.

I've put openSUSE 15.1 on it. And a non-activated Windows 10 Pro as a VM under KVM (running bridged). I put my patched copy of UT2004 on it (contains the later patches (no longer available) for Linux, gives you extra maps and shadow blobs).

To illustrate the headroom, I put together a video to show off it's capabilities. Don't laugh at the GT240, I played games including Steam HL, HL2, Portal 1/2 as well as UT2004, Doom 3, etc. at 1920x1200 with medium settings.

Added new video with sound this time.

Last edited:
Makes for a great virtualization host too. Better than a loud rackmount IMHO.

Took some pics of the actual computer. Enjoy.

And remember, if you buy this, you're helping out an active open source developer and contributor.

Projects: SurLaTablo, netdata, Check_MK, PmWiki, and others.

Bumpity bumpity I'm tempted to throw in a Lenovo Q190 (slightly used, original box)... mind you, I'm tempted.

Priced reduced by $50, that's $300 for one 8 core 32GB workstation and an additional tiny PC (original box)

Don't think you can upgrade to that. Remember, I have dual E5440's (emphasis on that 1st '4'). It's a good box, with lots of processing, better than having dual Opterons or anything like that.

It's really a pair of Intel's 2nd gen quad.

$300 for two fully working complete computers, IMHO, is a good deal. I may have to part out (which might be to my advantage money wise anyhow). Or I might just turn it into an extra hypervisor host.

The Q190 is pretty cool and will compete with even contemporary Celeron based NUC's... except the Q190 has disk, memory and more ports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back