FS Gigabyte Vega 56 $500 one left

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkrohn

2[H]4U
ONE LEFT

$500 each shipped
3 Gigabyte Vega 56s ( https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814932001)

2 were bought direct from newegg(11/7/2017) and 1 was bought from newegg through ebay(Nov 16, 2017).

Yes I mine... Underclocked in an open setup with tons of airflow. the Gigabytes have 3 year warranties.

Reason I'm selling:
Summer is coming and these things use a lot of power. I prefer keeping everything on Linux and linux just isn't great for the vega. I've decided to downsize for the summer and this is the FIRST cut. I'm a bit over what my present ducting out a dryer vent can handle. I may have to cut another duct and buy more blowers but I'd rather not. I believe taking the money from this sale and putting it into coins will generate more money than mining will. I've started working 50+ hour work weeks and I just don't have time to also work on mining. Its an interesting hobby until something weird happens.

Possible trades:
Found what I was looking for...

I'm trying to decide if I want to clear any other GPU's out. I'd prefer the funds sitting in coins over the summer to not have to spend time/money on airflow for the present mining setup.

Heatware: https://www.heatware.com/u/23635/to
Ebay: https://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=farkedup

Last edited:
Bump, was out of town for a couple days and getting caught up now. I'm hoping to test the vega 64 back from RMA at some point in the next couple days.

If this 64 I bought from eBay turns out to be a dud (it arrives on Tuesday) then I will be in the market to take a 56 or the 64 off your hands. Will keep an eye on this thread!

If this 64 I bought from eBay turns out to be a dud (it arrives on Tuesday) then I will be in the market to take a 56 or the 64 off your hands. Will keep an eye on this thread!
Ebay prices are crazy right now. I dropped the price yesterday and 2 are pending now. I'll try to test that vega 64 thats back from RMA tonight.

Two of the 3 vega 56's should be shipping out tomorrow and the vega 64 went out today. there's one vega 56 where the person said they were going to send the funds and I haven't heard from them in well over 24 hours now so it looks like I have one left. I modified the first post because I found the CPU and SSD's I wanted.

Two of the 3 vega 56's should be shipping out tomorrow and the vega 64 went out today. there's one vega 56 where the person said they were going to send the funds and I haven't heard from them in well over 24 hours now so it looks like I have one left. I modified the first post because I found the CPU and SSD's I wanted.

What happened to giving me a heads up about the 64? I'm fairly certain nI asked about it a few days ago.

What happened to giving me a heads up about the 64? I'm fairly certain nI asked about it a few days ago.
I don't see any PM's from you with further conversation and if you reread above there's both an IF and an OR in your post. I honestly didn't know that was your expectation. I am sorry that I didn't reach out to you. Was your ebay card a dud?

I don't see any PM's from you with further conversation and if you reread above there's both an IF and an OR in your post. I honestly didn't know that was your expectation. I am sorry that I didn't reach out to you. Was your ebay card a dud?

It's okay. I thought I had PM'd you but it was sitting in my drafts. The eBay card itself works, but the block is crap (Plexi EK nickel plated) since the guy ran red dye through it.

I personally don't care much about the staining since my cards aren't on display or mounted horizontally but it hurts my resale value down the road. Was going to take your 64 as well though. Glad you got it sold.

It's okay. I thought I had PM'd you but it was sitting in my drafts. The eBay card itself works, but the block is crap (Plexi EK nickel plated) since the guy ran red dye through it.

I personally don't care much about the staining since my cards aren't on display or mounted horizontally but it hurts my resale value down the road. Was going to take your 64 as well though. Glad you got it sold.
I have that happen to me all the time. I thought I replied to so many emails just to see draft on the email.

I do still have one vega 56. I have 4 570's I'm going to inspect tonight and list. I noticed one of my gigabyte 580's has a fan not working so I need to look closely at fans before I pull anything.

I have that happen to me all the time. I thought I replied to so many emails just to see draft on the email.

I do still have one vega 56. I have 4 570's I'm going to inspect tonight and list. I noticed one of my gigabyte 580's has a fan not working so I need to look closely at fans before I pull anything.

I liquidated all my RX series cards and moved all in with VEGAs. I had purchased an EK block from Amazon only to find out they sent me a block for 1080 so I figured that might be a sign I should stop while I am ahead lol. Goodluck with your sales!

I liquidated all my RX series cards and moved all in with VEGAs. I had purchased an EK block from Amazon only to find out they sent me a block for 1080 so I figured that might be a sign I should stop while I am ahead lol. Goodluck with your sales!

wow how did they make that mistake lol

wow how did they make that mistake lol

I know right. I hadn't even opened the envelope just tossed it on the pile of spare mining parts in the spare room (that my woman keeps demanding I get cleaned up or rid of lol). I opened it yesterday while trying to decide if I wanted to even keep a friggin EK nickel plated block (all my other VEGA blocks are the plain copper since I still have nightmares of that plating issue EK had years ago and I lost a D5 last year to a plated drain plug that had flaked and of course it was the one plug in the back of the rad that i cant see and forgot was there).

Anyway, do not want to OT this thread anymore. GLWS OP! If I change my mind I will let you know.

Bump - I never really considered water cooling on a large scale for mining. If I did I think it would be to like truck radiators or something placed outside because this is a LOT of heat to get rid of.

didn't have a chance to get this on ebay so just lowered to $500 and bumping. I have it boxed and ready to ship because I had a couple buyers not come through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back