FS/FT: Unifi 2 x U6-LR-US, 2 x UAP-AC-PRO, 1 x UAP-IW-HD-US

cybrnook

[H]ard|Gawd
Got some Unifi WiFi AP's at home I'm looking to offload.

Price includes shipping.
Heatware: https://www.heatware.com/u/64047/to
Payment: Paypal (FF always appreciated but not required)

AP's:
1 x UAP-IW-HD-US $140 (Like New)
2 x UAP-AC-PRO $125 each (Like New)
2 x U6-PRO-US $160 each (Like New)
2 x U6-LR-US $180 each (Like New)

Last edited:
School me on these, I have an old square AP-AC i'd like to replace and a not-much-better AP-AC-Pro, what's the current flavor?

Reactions: rw3
like this
School me on these, I have an old square AP-AC i'd like to replace and a not-much-better AP-AC-Pro, what's the current flavor?
NanoHD is a great little AP. Single Ethernet Port though. It is a 4x4 MU-MIMO and has ridiculous range.

For just a drop in replacement of your 2 x AP's, I would probably grab the 2 x FlexHD's. If you want to expand on what you have, I have some AC-Pro's also above and you could make a nice roaming network and just replace your old unit.

NanoHD is a great little AP. Single Ethernet Port though. It is a 4x4 MU-MIMO and has ridiculous range.
I'd like better throughput and range over what I have now. I don't know exactly what models I have but i've read the square ones are OLD and nearly garbage.

The Unifi app shows:
Square is UAP-AC
Round is UAP-Pro

If there's a way to get more info i'm all ears. They work but range isn't great and throughput on the square is terrible. The round one is OK but coming from my consumer router, I expected a little more from these things.

I wouldn't recommend someone spend the money to upgrade an AP-AC-Pro to a NanoHD. Kind of a side-grade.
For just a drop in replacement of your 2 x AP's, I would probably grab the 2 x FlexHD's. If you want to expand on what you have, I have some AC-Pro's also above and you could make a nice roaming network and just replace your old unit.
Presumably, he has them mounted in the ceiling since that's their design. The FlexHD's aren't for this at all, obviously. I didn't realize they existed though and might have a use-case for one.

Presumably, he has them mounted in the ceiling since that's their design. The FlexHD's aren't for this at all, obviously. I didn't realize they existed though and might have a use-case for one.
Could be why the range isn't great, but they are temporarily wall hung in the basement as I haven't mounted them permanently yet. Previously, my entire network was between the first floor subfloor and the basement drop ceiling. The consumer router sitting there gave great coverage and throughput but for some reason I can't get a consumer router to last more than 9 months without dying so I was convinced to go Unifi with an ERL and these AP's. With these new AP's, I haven't decided if it would be better if I mounted them on the basement drop ceiling facing up or leave them wall hanging.

I'd like better throughput and range over what I have now. I don't know exactly what models I have but i've read the square ones are OLD and nearly garbage.

The Unifi app shows:
Square is UAP-AC
Round is UAP-Pro

If there's a way to get more info i'm all ears. They work but range isn't great and throughput on the square is terrible. The round one is OK but coming from my consumer router, I expected a little more from these things.
Sounds like both of yours are actually pretty old but the UAP-AC is newer, UAP-Pro is just B/G/N

Apples to apples : The nanoHD is just about "the newest" equivalent to what you currently have. It will have better throughput as well as range. The UAP-AC-Pro would be slightly older than the nano, but still pretty good. It's designed for indoor/outdoor use so you can get better range than either of yours.
Apples to oranges : The FlexHD is kind of like a tabletop AP., The UAP-IW's are all "in-wall" versions. They'll give you decent indoor coverage to neighboring rooms, but where they shine would in in places like conference rooms.
Apples to bacon : The Mesh AP's will let you put them wherever, link to each other, and basically give you a mesh network with whatever topography you want.

They're all better than what you have currently due to better designed radios and antennas and newer specifications. Are they worth it? I don't know (for you).

You have a pm - I want the Early Access 6 mesh. Ive been waiting to get one from the EA channel for months

Damnit. Buying a new house in a couple months but have to see what will fit and how...maybe that POE will be around still. Hope not for your sake though! GLWS

Sorry, just a couple 8 ports. Maybe they are close enough for you?

The Switch-8-60 would be useful to me, but not needed right this moment. And a PM from another member actually made me double check the specs and I was mistaken - I'm after a Switch Flex, not a Flex Mini.

That said, I'm drooling over that pic. I'd love to get some cameras, a couple of the IW's, the Switch-8-60 and a few other of those toys. But alas, that's well outside my budget. :(

The Switch-8-60 would be useful to me, but not needed right this moment. And a PM from another member actually made me double check the specs and I was mistaken - I'm after a Switch Flex, not a Flex Mini.

That said, I'm drooling over that pic. I'd love to get some cameras, a couple of the IW's, the Switch-8-60 and a few other of those toys. But alas, that's well outside my budget. :(
Well, if you would want to put together some type of package deal, I could let a few cameras go along for the ride, just send me a PM with what you would realistically want and I will quote you.

Bumping for a good seller. ALso I sent you a PM about more stuff I want to buy. Please check it. Thanks

Last edited:
No, I don't think so. Normal wall socket height seems fine. I mean hell, technically you could mount one on the ceiling it you really wanted to :) I had a few just plugged in around the house and they worked fine, I was covering most of my house with one that was just laid up on my entertainment center.

Well, if you would want to put together some type of package deal, I could let a few cameras go along for the ride, just send me a PM with what you would realistically want and I will quote you.
Thanks for the offer. Unfortunately my budget is mostly shot for the rest of the year. Spending 15k on livestock this year and the holidays right around the corner means no fun toys for me at this point. :)

Are you on interested in selling these or are you entertaining trades?

Back