FS/FT gaming pc $400 - No case. -SOLD

• Thread starter Deleted member 85430
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Evening bump. Price drop

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there any warranty left? Also, did you research anything on upgrading the 256gb ssd? What did you come up with?

no warranty left. the SSD is upgradeable/replaceable

no warranty left. the SSD is upgradeable/replaceable
Thank you. I'm having trouble finding a definitive upgrade path on the ssd. That's what's holding me back at the moment...well, that and approval from the wife. What type of battery life have you gotten out of it? And also do you have a thunderbolt to gigabit adapter for it?

Story is that this would be a surprise upgrade to my wife's macbook 2011 that has been upgraded to 1tb hd and 16gb of ram. Not even half of the 1tb is being used, so I think everything will fit on a 512gb ssd. So I would need to purchase your macbook, install the 512 ssd, get a thunderbolt cable, migrate her laptop and then swap the laptops and see if she notices. I just want to get all the details I can to execute this plan and the ssd upgrade path isn't clear as of yet. Any assistance appreciated.

I'd like to confirm a couple of details. I believe that this is a MJLQ2LL/A, MacBookPro11,4 with EMC# 2909, correct?

yes but i have no idea what the EMC number is or means. https://everymac.com/systems/apple/...-iris-only-mid-2015-retina-display-specs.html

when i do use the laptop i can easity get 8 hours of work out of it, thats with xcode, vscode, spotify, and other stuff open.
Gotcha. That's the same page I was looking at. They have a tool here where you can put in the serial number and it will confirm all the model details: https://everymac.com/ultimate-mac-lookup/

That's great to hear about the battery life. :)

I'm still researching the 512gb ssd pending confirmation of the emc number.

I used the serial number to bring that page up

I think the only one that will work is aura ssd

From the research I've done now, it seems that if it is upgraded to 10.13, any nvme will be fine including the one I posted above. However, below 10.13, the nvme drive won't be bootable. My wife's current macbook is on 10.12 (almost the same version as yours), so I'd have to upgrade both, install a 512 ssd, get a thunderbolt cable, migrate her laptop and then swap the laptops for a grand surprise that at this point I'm not sure she would like.

I'm going to feel her out a bit more over the weekend. :cool:

Will do. (y)

I was doing some local searches to see if I could find an ssd out of another macbook and noticed a few local machines as well. I still don't know if the wife would be happy with an upgrade or not, but one of the local machines already has 512gb installed and is the 2910 that had dual video cards and a 2.8ghz processor for $1500. Something for me to consider since I wouldn't have to deal with the upgrade or the nvme issues.

Just don't worry about it

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know the condition of the local machine as being mint is a big factor. I'll let you know. (y)

I don't know the condition of the local machine as being mint is a big factor. I'll let you know. (y)

Let's keep this communication to PM so I don't get my thread shut down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back