FS/FT Announcements / [H]ot Deals 2010

There are some incredibly cheap external hard drives that make it attractive to HTPC users who want to hold on to a bunch of HD-recorded TV shows. For example, on the FP of slickdeals.net is a 3 TB USB 3.0 drive for $90 at Staples.

In other news, I asked a mod to update the thread title from 2010 to 2013. Fingers crossed.

You know, that's.not a bad idea. I've been keeping all my tv, movies, and home videos in live storage, but as cheap as externals get, I might move some to those.

You know, that's.not a bad idea. I've been keeping all my tv, movies, and home videos in live storage, but as cheap as externals get, I might move some to those.

Most are probably doing what I have been, ripping the drive out of the enclosure to use as an internal drive for cheaper than OEM storage.

The following is about HTPC, but not about buying and selling equipment, so it may not be the best thread for the article, but I figure it's good parking spot for a newbie who may stumble upon this thread via Google: How to set up the ultimate home theater PC.

Actually thank you for the link. Almost all current guides out there are years old in an industry that changes every few months.

EDIT: After a bit of reading, I think he just just lumped all current guides into one article as the information is just as old.

Back