Fs/ft: 3.8eo Es!

Yeah, i've been away for the past few days. I still have it if anyone's interested. But I wont be around a computer very much till tues or weds.

I'm not in a huge hurry to sell, enjoying having it around actually. So yes it's me again, and i'll be back a few more times I can assure you. Thanks for the bumps though.

sativaman84 said:
All about who you know...

Or willing to have sex with = )

Ewww...the thought of you and Carly Fiorina spending the night will give me nightmares for a week even if I skip the Taco Bell....

Eh, the the thought of even seeing me naked makes me sick.... So I understand where you're coming from

with a watercooled swiftech tec setup, you should be able to reach 4.5 to 4.8ghz easily :) i bet i can o/c it to 5ghz with my barton tec setup that does -5c idle at 2.1v :)

edit: holy crap its only 1.35v?.....prescotts can go up to around 1.5v~ max for aircooling/water :) damn i want this cpu badly!!!! YGPM

I'm really leanient when it comes to working things out, so don't be afraid to lowball me..
bump...

Dude, I told you like 2 weeks ago, just drop it to $700, so someone might actually buy it.

Playing around at 800, 775, 750, 725, etc.. is just wasting time.

Remember, the longer you hold on to computer equipment the less its worth. So as more of these hit the streets, etc... the price is going to come down..... or if AMD drops their prices on their 3800+'s these are going to worth less as a comparable(& faster) product.

If you're coming down slower or at the same rate as the market value... but still staying higher, you'll never sell it.

example: next week, the "market value" may be more like 650, then you're at 700 you might not move it...

I understand how it all works. But at the same time this isn't a run of the mill oem chip. So i'm hanging on to that fact. I'm not in a huge hurry to unload these. I appreciate your input and bumps, but I realize that coming down slowly is kinda dumb, but i'm willing to see how it works out. And If I do happen to find someone to buy for what i'm asking then I feel just that much more satisfied. Again, not trying to be rude, but i'm willing to wait. Until then i'll just have a sweet system.

so you have it in your system right now?

Try running this program... http://www.panopsys.com/throttlewatch.php

I've heard the 3.8's throttle A LOT - (new "J" stepping, so they work more like laptop processors)

They throttle when you dont need the extra power, and then b/c they're also pushing the thermal limit, if you dont have a good cooler & case cooling, they'll also thermal throttle.

The Pentium 4 "J" suffix, Pentium M, and AMD Athlon 64 processors, in addition to throttling when they overheat, will also throttle under some conditions to conserve power and/or reduce fan noise. This additional throttling are features of Enhanced Intel SpeedStep and AMD Cool'n'Quiet Technologies

Bump, for sativa

$690 and still not moving?!

I wonder if it would work in this shuttle with the 250W PSU. (and maybe an Asus 6800 Ultra -single slot)

P.S. You need to edit your 1st post... it says 690 OBO, then right under says you wont take anything under $700! ;)

Back