FS: Frank N Stein's ERM-2K3UCU MONSTER LIQUID COOLING SYSTEM

Status
Not open for further replies.

The1stCAV

[H]ard|Gawd
OWN A PIECE OF “FRANK N STEIN” TODAY
The beast of a PC with an external cooling solution that made it as the Mad Reader Mod Jan 2012 in CPU magazine and build thread here on [H]

OK maybe not "Frank N Stein" the entire system, but a piece of him is here ready to go to a good home. The Koolance ERM-2K3UCU cooling unit.

For sale: Koolance ERM-2K3UCU Rack Mountable Cooling System

UNIT OEM INFO
Read about it here: http://koolance.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=1030
This does not have to be mounted in a rack - it can sit flat or on its side, however you need it to be - the read out does pivot in a circle to allow you to set it level how you want to view it.

ASKING PRICE
New it was a $900+ cooling solution – this is the copper core unit, not the lesser aluminum core version.
Asking $600 (Need to buy a Mountain Mods case)

TERMS
Price + shipping via PayPal
HOW CAN I TRUST YOU ARE BEING HONEST ABOUT THIS UNIT?
  • eBay I am under Telecomequip4sale with a 100% rating
  • Anyone who follows my build threads know I am pretty brutally honest about everything that happens
  • HEATWARE: http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=63019

MODIFICATIONS:
When shipped from Koolance, this came with blue LED’s on the large fans and white LED’s in the reservoir window. Because this was being used for Frank, it had to be Black and Red, so the LED’s got replaced with Red LED’s.

CONDITION:
GOOD - with some scratches on the unit and red coolant was always used – so expect some tinting. Otherwise I did regularly use compressed air to keep the radiator fins clean and tried my best to care for it the best I could. It was a pride piece I owned that cooled “Frank N Stein” so consider this a fully functional and well cared for unit.
This unit was well taken care of and does an incredible job at keeping things chilly. Many people have asked how I was able to maintain the low temps I did and I know it was due to this cooling systems capabilities. I was running a Core i7 990X, a EVGA X58 Classified, and three GTX 580 3G cards all water cooled. The GPU’s run no higher than 38c most of the time, no matter how long I gamed. The CPU lived south of 50C and the MB remained close to ambient. I was using this cooling system and a Black Ice Labs Xtreme 360 radiator inside the Corsair 800D. The loop was ERM > CPU >Xtreme RAD > MCP655 Pump > 3x GTX 580 3G > MB > Back to ERM.

REPAIRS:
Within 6 months of owning the unit I had to replace the control module under warranty – it has been solid since.
Within 1 year the power switch stopped working, I replaced that as well under warranty with a new style that works much better – however the light switch is stuck in the on position.

WHAT IS INCLUDED?
  • The ERM unit and all the items visible in these images (obviously not the black sheet or the wall – but the rest are good to go, lol).
  • Communication Cable between PC and the ERM unit
  • Power Cable
  • PC Module for temp sensors and power
  • PC Power case adapter to split power to the PC Module
  • Rack mounting hardware
  • EXTRA’S include Koolance Quick Disconnects – these connectors alone are worth $50+ as you will receive two sets of High Flow QDC’s designed for ½”ID and ¾” OD. I would not suggest ever using this unit without a way to separate it from your PC – QDC’s are the way to go! There are two Bitspower 45 degree rotary barbs as well I will leave on the unit as well
  • Original Box – I believe I have this still, if not I hope its not a deal killer. If I have it, consider it the box its shipping in as it has all the Styrofoam protection in it.
  • The liquid Coolant will be removed prior to packing and shipping - it was shown in the images so I could turn it on and run it through a loop to show the unit is fully operational and what it looks like with its red LED's, if the 45 degree connectors will not let me use the original box, then I will put plugs and ship those in a baggie with the unit.

WHY AM I SELLING SUCH A GREAT COOLING SYSTEM?
Because I need the $$ for the Mountain Mod’s case I want and to support my 2013 Upgrade needs to Frank http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1732237&page=6. I have a MO-RA3 LT radiator that I will use to replace this beast, I can only hope it will cool as well as this did, but the rad will be integrated into the case I will mod, so I will no longer need this unit and need it to fund my modding/upgrade addiction. Can you help a brotha out here? (wink)

Now what does she look like today? This is it – this is what is for sale………….

erm2k3ucu001.jpg

erm2k3ucu002.jpg

erm2k3ucu003.jpg

erm2k3ucu004.jpg

erm2k3ucu005.jpg

erm2k3ucu006.jpg

erm2k3ucu007.jpg

erm2k3ucu008.jpg

Last edited:
PM's replied to - thanks for checking out the ERM unit

If you look - please be kind enough to drop a BUMP to keep this alive - Thanks and all the best to you and yours in 2013!

Should only have 1 FS thread.

http://hardforum.com/announcement.php?f=17&a=4

(4) CONSOLIDATE Threads. Do not post multiple threads, keep all your FS/FT deals in one thread, and all WTB/WTTF deals in a different thread. You should only have one FS/FT and one WTB/WTTF thread active at any one time. When making a new thread, include items from the old thread.

Should only have 1 FS thread.

http://hardforum.com/announcement.php?f=17&a=4

(4) CONSOLIDATE Threads. Do not post multiple threads, keep all your FS/FT deals in one thread, and all WTB/WTTF deals in a different thread. You should only have one FS/FT and one WTB/WTTF thread active at any one time. When making a new thread, include items from the old thread.

Thanks for making sure I understand the rules - are you an admin that can help or just a "concerned" forum user wanting to let me know the rules? I have no issues abiding by the rules if the mechanisms are in place for me to make the necessary corrections - we are all human capable of making mistakes. If you can assist- delete my three posts, PM me and I will repost once.

If you cannot assit, then I cannot change what has been done - but will ensure that I abide by these rules moving forward. Thanks for the info - Happy New Year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back