FS: FLECOM lost his job - everything must go, even the hex cores

I was getting ~10kppd from each GTS450 but they were in an open setup...
Yep, I can confirm 10.6K PPD on the P6805 with my 450. They're amazingly cool running cards and capable of high OCs.

Best of luck on the sale.

FLECOM: I got the XFX GTX260 in yesterday and started folding on it today. So far so good. Getting just under 7,500 PPD on a 353 point wu. Stays pretty cool also with fan at 60%. :)

now just overclock the card to 650/1512(gpu/shader) you should see 8800-8900 on the 353's and around 7800-8k on everything else. temps should stay in the low 60's with the fan at 60% on those clocks.

ya definitely OC that 260, especially if it has good airflow, they can for sure put out more PPD than that :)

I have had that system off for a couple days as my Dad just lost his job again and the electric bill is kinda up there. :mad:
I will have to try it out later today though. I had a bunch of fans in the case it is in (not my signature system), and it still hits the upper 60s C. :cool:
I need to play with the client settings though as all I was getting for the test units was 353s even though I had it set for 10 MB and Advanced Methods. May switch over to the console client from the GUI. No I do not have the protein up. Also, I forgot to disable the screen saver and the points dropped hard! Almost half of that 7,500. :eek:

I have had that system off for a couple days as my Dad just lost his job again and the electric bill is kinda up there. :mad:
I will have to try it out later today though. I had a bunch of fans in the case it is in (not my signature system), and it still hits the upper 60s C. :cool:
I need to play with the client settings though as all I was getting for the test units was 353s even though I had it set for 10 MB and Advanced Methods. May switch over to the console client from the GUI. No I do not have the protein up. Also, I forgot to disable the screen saver and the points dropped hard! Almost half of that 7,500. :eek:

advmethods doesn't matter with gpu2 anymore really.. they only run maybe 1 advmethod WU a month now for a day or 2 then they go to the general public and all the newer WU's coming out on GPU2 pretty much suck.. the 353's arent bad other then they use to many cpu cycles. typically 3-5% where as most of the other WU's use 1-3%. F@H run's in cycles so for a week or so they will push 353's then next week they may push a different WU, it really depends on what they have excess of in the work unit distro server. but hopefully PG releases some larger non fermi gpu3 WU's soon so that the gtx 200 series can be moved to gpu3 but at this point GPU2's the only thing worth running those cards on for now.

the console and system tray client are basically the same, they have the same options available. i personally prefer the system trey client(the client you are using right now) over the console client.

I can't believe the lack of interest in the hex cores :(

I'd love a hex core, but I'm tight for cash right now as well. Sorry I can't help you out mate.

I can't believe the lack of interest in the hex cores :(

to rich for our blood, all the people that had money already went out an bought them. now its just us poor folk left.. :p that and i'm sure a lot of people are waiting for bulldozer and ivy bridge before making any more purchases.

how about a price drop then? :p

advmethods doesn't matter with gpu2 anymore really.. they only run maybe 1 advmethod WU a month now for a day or 2 then they go to the general public and all the newer WU's coming out on GPU2 pretty much suck.. the 353's arent bad other then they use to many cpu cycles. typically 3-5% where as most of the other WU's use 1-3%. F@H run's in cycles so for a week or so they will push 353's then next week they may push a different WU, it really depends on what they have excess of in the work unit distro server. but hopefully PG releases some larger non fermi gpu3 WU's soon so that the gtx 200 series can be moved to gpu3 but at this point GPU2's the only thing worth running those cards on for now.

the console and system tray client are basically the same, they have the same options available. i personally prefer the system trey client(the client you are using right now) over the console client.

For some odd reason, I have been getting alot of 587-point WUs on my GTS250 but not on the GTX260 I bought from FLECOM.
Only difference is that my GTS250 is running the console client with Win7 instead of Win2003.

Last edited:
Someone's gotta jump on that SR-2 soon. I would, but I really don't have room for another one.

I do have room for the L5640/ASRock combo, though. :D

updated thread... remember guys I am open to offers, especially if you can use a payment method that avoids me getting hit by paypal fees like USPS MO's

k think I got all PM's replied to, if I haven't answered you hit me up again

FLECOM -
I have left it at standard clocks (576,1242) and the temps are as follows with my first 450-point WU on the card! :)

At 3% Completion and 62% fan speed.
ADT Sensor - ~60 C
Driver Sensor - ~67 C

I honestly don't remember what speeds I had them running at...

basically I just kept going up steps until it either EUE'ed or the temps got beyond what I figured was acceptable (think its 75C or something like that?) then turned it back two steps and let it go...

just use something to monitor the client to make sure it does not EUE, if it does then you need to turn down the OC

i ran mine 630/1512/1161. during the height of the summer i think it hit 73C but it usually sat between 63-68C @ 60% fan speed.

I moved the fan up to 65%. Ironically, it kept it cooler until I turned it off for the night as that system is too loud to sleep with on. I think it is the Scythe I have in the front of it. I think I put that fan there. :p

I maybe selling an older box so when I do, the side panel fan will stop sucking in almost nothing. HA! (Sorry for laughing in screams.)

whats left?
Sorry bout the job... might help you out with that wc loop... or a gfx card or 2..

I have been moving the sold stuff to the bottom so whatever is there is whats left :)

I might be interested in one, or both of the EVGA 450's.

thread updated, all PM's replied to

possible sale of the dual L5640 w/WC pending payment

Last edited:
dual L5640 is sold

all the GTS450's are gone

Back