FS: Fallout 4 + Season Pass, cheap, but there's a catch.

w35t

[H]ard|Gawd
I bought both Fallout 4 and the season pass from GMG for $72. I put in the keys, but they didn't work, I got on the computer I made the purchase on, and noticed Hola had me VPN'd from CHINA!!!

So, these keys are valid, but they will 'only work in China'. I put that in quotes because I'm certain you could VPN from China, and get this to activate in steam.

I considered trying it myself, but I have ~$1,000 inventory in CS:GO items and many games, and decided it wasn't worth the risk. GMG already told me I'm SOL on getting a refund or other keys.

I'm sure many of you have the know how and methods to get these to activate.

Perhaps someone here from China? xD

Both for $40 !!!

Last edited:
Im bumping this for you. I have had to activate games on steam via VPN it does work and i was not banned. But its not recommended

Why not just create a separate Steam account. I know it's a hassle with not having your other games/friends and stuff but it's a single player game anyway,

Why not just create a separate Steam account. I know it's a hassle with not having your other games/friends and stuff but it's a single player game anyway,

Well I already repurchased the game on my steam account. I considered making another e-mail address, steam account, and activating it on that and selling the account. I just know that people with a little more VPN know how can get this working on their account no problem, so I'm holding off on that as a last resort.

And who knows, maybe someone from China will come along and buy it lol.

I can't find any evidence online that Fallout 4 is region locked in China. The only region locked Fallout 4 keys I see are RU / CIS keys on G2A.com and those are pretty clearly marked. When I browse the GMG website using a Chinese connection, it's just slow and the URL slightly changes. What is the exact error you get when you punch the keys into Steam?

Bumping this up for more info as I am slightly interested.

I can't find any evidence online that Fallout 4 is region locked in China. The only region locked Fallout 4 keys I see are RU / CIS keys on G2A.com and those are pretty clearly marked. When I browse the GMG website using a Chinese connection, it's just slow and the URL slightly changes. What is the exact error you get when you punch the keys into Steam?

Bumping this up for more info as I am slightly interested.

I'll punch in the key when I get home and post the exact error, but I believe it's along the lines of, 'Sorry this item is not available in your region'.

Sell them on G2A.

Fallout 4 for Asia is $46.76
Season pass for Global is $23.52 they don't even have one for Asia listed so yours would be the first.

So you could pretty much sell yours then turn around and purchase the correct keys from G2A.com

Sell them on G2A.

Fallout 4 for Asia is $46.76
Season pass for Global is $23.52 they don't even have one for Asia listed so yours would be the first.

So you could pretty much sell yours then turn around and purchase the correct keys from G2A.com

Thanks for the heads up, I'm not familiar with that site but I'll definitely look into it.

Back