fs eyefinity pc (cause of death in family)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bdavis24

[H]ard|Gawd
thank you all for you great support and commutity that hardforum and hardocp is giving my family. Today at the funeral a friend of my dad told us he would pay for the whole thing for our family. i now dont have to sell my pc so im not. i m so touched by this site and proves that in times of need the [H]ard community will support you and your family. i thank you all with all my heart.

Last edited:
bdavis24 I am very sorry for your loss.

Please, do not take this the wrong way, this is not a discussion form/thread.
Please dont turn it into one
Locutus

Sorry not supposed to I know...

Couldn't the Hard set up some kind of fund raiser? There's plenty of members that would chip in. Once we get enough we could just buy the gravestone.

Thanks and good luck.

Something like that would have to go thru Kyle.

I dont want to come off like an ass, but that will be the last off topic post here

Please dont make me give out warnings.

bump just to get exposure for this seller. I cannot afford (or need) the entire rig. I am interested in a couple of the games. if you decide that you want to part out.

my heart goes out to you given that my daughter is around the same age.

Something like that would have to go thru Kyle.

I dont want to come off like an ass, but that will be the last off topic post here

Please dont make me give out warnings.

Locutus,
I understand you have a responsibility to moderate these forums. Under a normal circumstance I would agree that this is not a discussion based section. However, this is an abnormal circumstance. Brandon has been my real life bestfriend for over a decade and this moment in his life is tragic and undeserved. So I ask that you back off the technicalities here. Instead, present the fund raiser idea to kyle. I've been here the better part of a decade and can't recall a single situation the members here aren't sympathetic towards their fellow members in need. Thank you for your understanding.

Bump for a great deal. If i didn't just build my gf a rig I would be all over this.

Sorry for your loss. My prayers go out to you and you family.

If you end up parting it out I maybe able to help you out some. Although at this price it should go fast.

I would be more than willing to help a fellow Hard member in need. Let me start with this bump!

bump for the cause. Im two weeks away from being a father, and things like this really hit home. Good luck with the sell!!

As would I but please respect the rules. I'm sure if one of you sends a PM to Loc or Kyle something could be set up.

In the meantime bump because I can.

*BUMP* Yes I would donate for sure! Hopefully someone can get this awesome deal from him :) Sorry for the loss.

Locutus,
I understand you have a responsibility to moderate these forums. Under a normal circumstance I would agree that this is not a discussion based section. However, this is an abnormal circumstance. Brandon has been my real life bestfriend for over a decade and this moment in his life is tragic and undeserved. So I ask that you back off the technicalities here. Instead, present the fund raiser idea to kyle. I've been here the better part of a decade and can't recall a single situation the members here aren't sympathetic towards their fellow members in need. Thank you for your understanding.

+1, let's get a fundraiser started.

Locutus,

I am very sorry to hear about his loss (as is everyone else), as his best friend it must be hard on you as well because of your personal involvement, try not to take this the wrong way, but you have to step back for a second and look at the big picture from a site perspective, there are hundreds (maybe thousands?) of posters, the logistics of making this a reality just may not be feasible through the site, I've seen this happen at work and after a few years it got very, very ugly with accusations of preferential treatment for some and unfortunately fraud in some other cases, the company actually stepped in and banned the passing around of letters for donations after deaths in the family, this is a very complicated subject with many possible underlying factors that the site admins have no possible way of gaging...

again, very sorry for his loss, I have three of my own and don't even want to imagine how difficult this must be for him, I will say a prayer for him and his family...

bump. as a father of three month old twins and had close calls with one of them. our prayers are with you and your family and especially your baby girl.

My condolences to your family in this hard time. I have a 8 month old niece and can't imagine what you're going through. Her cry, smile, laughter, completes my day... a bundle of joy.

On topic, that's a nice system and I hope it goes fast.

I'm so sorry for your loss & nothing could ever replace a precious child. Just keep your faith in GOD as we all must return unto him @ our appointed time. As a poster already said, she is in a better place. I 2nd the motion for a fundraiser for the headstone.

Last edited:
guys thank you so much for your blessings. i thank everyone of you all .. i told kyle that a friends dad of ours told me at the funeral that he would pay for the headstone. If any of you want your donations back ill send them to you. if not they will all go into a account we set up for my other daughter in her little sissy memory.. THANK YOU ALL SO VERY MUCH!! HARDFORUM AND HARDOCP i cant thank you enough.

im so deeply touched by you all and ill pm you back later on but i dont have the will to do it tonight

Thread if you have genmay access, http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1536289

In short, here's what I said,

We'll a local member of ours, bdavis24, is in need of our help! His daughter recently passed away, and he doesn't have the funds to buy her a head stone. So he thought he should sell his pretty decent computer for $1000 to pay for it (I estimate it to be around $3,000). Here's his original thread, about his computer.

I feel sorry for the guy, and that he thinks he should have to sell his computer at such a low price to pay for it. I was thinking we should start a fundraiser for a $1000 to pay for the headstone, and so he doesn't rip himself off.

I recently started working on a new business/website, so I just went ahead and added a Donate button through in which we can help out bdavis. Once we get to 1,000 we should buy him the headstone (you can do that online, right?). It is through my business Paypal.

Here's the link, http://easeintotheweb.com/helpout.html (please note the website isn't close to finished at all).

I know there's members out there willing to help, so let's do it.

Thanks,

King Icewind

We are up to $110 now.

Last edited:
you have my condolences. I'm so sorry for your loss.also, i just screwed up and spilled some water on my machine last night. I'm very interested in your sale. Ygpm.

I can't purchase anything, but I like many others have made a donation in the thread in GenMay.

I can't imagine your pain at this moment. I wish you strength in sad time.
I will light a candle for your Angel tomorrow at Mass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back