• 1TB Samsung PM951 NVMe PCI Express SSD
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 2GB GDDR5
  • 3-in-1 Card Reader
  • Dell Wireless 1830 3x3 802.11ac
  • Bluetooth 4.1
  • Thunderbolt 3/USB-C
  • 84 wHr 6-cell battery
  • 15.6" 4K Ultra HD InfinityEdge Touch Display

Also including the Dell Dock WD15 w/ 180W adapter, which provides a single connection to the USB-C port:
Supports 2 FHD displays
Two USB 2.0 ports
Three USB 3.0 ports
Speaker output (rear)
Combo audio (front)
Gigabit Ethernet
Kensington Lock Slot
180W AC adapter with 7.4mm barrel

I've been using this as a simple dock and after a few firmware updates/etc. it's now working very smoothly (initially it had a lot of issues with USB connections dropping out).

Warranty Details:
4 Years PremiumCare, Complete Care Accidental Damage Protection, Onsite Service After Remote Diagnostic
Good through December 1, 2019

I got the 4 year warranty because I wanted to be prepared for any issues, given that people have reported various issues with the XPS 15 9550.

So far I've only used the warranty once, to have them fix the spacebar issue (this is a somewhat common issue where the XPS 15 9550 spacebar sometimes does a double space or extra space where you didn't want one). The warranty has given me a lot of piece of mind, and the onsite service meant they came to me to do the repair.

It's been a fine laptop, but I'm realizing I want to go back to a desktop or at least get a beefier laptop with a 1070 in it). I had originally been hoping to use a Thunderbolt 3 eGPU dock, but it seems really questionable whether or when that will be a real option with this laptop.

Laptop is in very good condition - only thing really is the sort of typical oily bits around the touchpad. I've been keeping it protected in a laptop bag and using a Razer keyboard cover/screen protector as well.

This is about the most complete XPS 15 9550 setup you can get (other than that it only has 16GB of RAM, while the newest configuration of this laptop with the 1TB SSD has 32GB of RAM instead), especially with the WD15 dock and the 4 year warranty.

$1800 shipped within the US. If you're in the DC/VA/MD area, could also arrange for local sale.

My heatware is Zadillo

IMG_3275.JPG IMG_3276.JPG IMG_3277.JPG IMG_3278.JPG IMG_3279.JPG IMG_3280.JPG

Last edited:
Are those stains on the touch pad and palm rest permanent? Have you attempted to clean that?

How about an Arm and leg? Possibly a kidney? Jk. Sweet laptop! Bump 4 U

Are those stains on the touch pad and palm rest permanent? Have you attempted to clean that?

Just tried cleaning with a microfiber cloth and it came right off - it just picks up the oils/etc. from your hands/palms/etc (the touchpad and the palmrests are both sort of a matte texture/slightly rubbery/soft touch feel that I think is particularly susceptible to picking up and showing those oils)

IMG_3281.JPG

I own the 13" of this laptop for work and love it. I will agree that it does pick up fingerprints so that is how they normally look after a little use if you have oily fingers. It cleans right up.

Wash your hands more, guys! :p

I have the FHD version of this laptop and love the crap out of it. It runs Rocket League like a champ when I'm at work and need to clear my head for a bit. 10/10 would recommend, free bump for ya!

Neat! Now to sell my own laptop so I can buy this beautiful beast. I've wanted one of these for a while. I'm assuming you'd rather just sell it all bundled, right?

Yup, that's what I'd like to do at least.

great laptop, i have the 9350 version of this and honestly the true quad core in the thin in light plus a discrete GPU is awesome, add that infinity screen to it and it is even better.

Good luck selling

great laptop, i have the 9350 version of this and honestly the true quad core in the thin in light plus a discrete GPU is awesome, add that infinity screen to it and it is even better.

Good luck selling

Thanks!

Back