FS : Dell R720 Server needs a new home

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's its history?

It's been a virtual lab setup (ESXi) for the better part of 6 months when I purchased it after selling a much louder R710. I'm selling now as I'm leaving the rack life and pursuing other endeavors.

Last edited:
What version of iDRAC?
Basic/Express or Enterprise?

Enterprise iDRAC is a big selling point and if for personal use likely your best selling point over a basic tower server.

For anyone looking who doesn't know what the Enterprise iDRAC provides you. It provides a virtual console that you can load remotely that gives you full control of the server as if you were connected via KVM.
It even alows you to mount virtual media as bootable media so that you can deploy the server remotely without having to go on site.

What version of iDRAC?
Basic/Express or Enterprise?

Enterprise iDRAC is a big selling point and if for personal use likely your best selling point over a basic tower server.

For anyone looking who doesn't know what the Enterprise iDRAC provides you. It provides a virtual console that you can load remotely that gives you full control of the server as if you were connected via KVM.
It even alows you to mount virtual media as bootable media so that you can deploy the server remotely without having to go on site.

90% sure it's Enterprise I'll check when I get out of work at 6am....Are you interested?

If i wasn't trying to downsize rather than increase the number of machines i have, i sure would. But alas I'm trying to get rid of stuff not acquire more :)

This was mostly just a helpful FYI for you and any of your prospect buyers.

What's the sound output on this thing... tempting, wife may murder me... but definitely would if it's as loud as I assume it may be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back